The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She said yes!!!!

razza

A while back I asked you guys about romantic places in New York. Well I found one, The Rainbow Room on the 65th Floor of the Rockefeller, and she said yes!!!!:D :d

There goes the shiney bits on the car, wedding to save for now.[sAD][/sAD]

down on one knee in the bar, overlooking the Empire State building and Manhattan, with the sun setting over New York and everything lit up across the sky.

[GRIN][/GRIN]Her first words were "you're kidding me", but thankfully it was soon followed by lots of nodding, and eventually I got a yes out of her.

Congratulations mate. When's the stag do, and are we all invited? :D

dunno, fancy diving with sharks or something, getting too many "let's get off our faces abroad" stag do's recently, fancy a change, any suggestions (realistic ones) are welcome.

Looking for wedding venues now, after something a bit different, i.e. ruins or something, if anyone knows somewhere down south please let me know, it's a 'mare trying to find something that isn't a manor house...

Just googled the Rainbow Room. Looks like an ideal place to pop the question. You obviously have excellent taste! Congrats again dude

was a bit of a hassle though, didn't realise a lot of top places in the Big Apple require jackets to get in. Couldn't get in Friday and she was well dissapointed, went back saturday, first in queue, was told he could lend me a jacket, and then half an hour later said I couldn't as they would go to all those with reservations for dinner. She walked off upset and angry that we couldn't go up there (it was the one place she wanted to go), so had a quiet word in his ear (and $20 in the hand!) and voila, up we went.

Got the jacket, only problem was it was obviously for an average american, size 48 long - I'm a 38 Regular. Comedy moment, especially when I forgot to take the bloody thing off before getting on one knee....[OOPS][/OOPS]

dunno, fancy diving with sharks or something, getting too many "let's get off our faces abroad" stag do's recently, fancy a change, any suggestions (realistic ones) are welcome.

Looking for wedding venues now, after something a bit different, i.e. ruins or something, if anyone knows somewhere down south please let me know, it's a 'mare trying to find something that isn't a manor house...

Diving with sharks sounds awesome. One of those things I'd like to do but will probably never pluck up the necessary courage! If you do do something along those lines, don't forget to take excessive quantities of pics!

Guest GirlRacer!
down on one knee in the bar, overlooking the Empire State building and Manhattan, with the sun setting over New York and everything lit up across the sky.

[GRIN][/GRIN]Her first words were "you're kidding me", but thankfully it was soon followed by lots of nodding, and eventually I got a yes out of her.

oh wow!!! That's so romantic....!! Huge congrats! :)

:) Well done, and very romantic.

Beats my proposal whilst playing pool in the Skirrid Inn near Abergavenny. She said no to begin with, but after another half bottle of Merlyn she gave me a resounding 'whatever'.

Classy mate, classy :cool:

Random question....did you ask her dad first?

One of my ex's once asked me if I would ask the lucky ladies father first before proposing. It got me thinking....with that particular ex, I would have because I got on with her dad so well, but an ex from sixth form had a scary-as dad who I wouldn't have dared ask!

Random question....did you ask her dad first?

yeah, I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so had to, my old man wouldn't have been happy otherwise. Anyway it's the right way to start things, plus you need them on side to help pay for it ;)

needless to say I was crapping myself when stuck in the pub for 30mins before he turned up...

yeah, I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so had to, my old man wouldn't have been happy otherwise. Anyway it's the right way to start things, plus you need them on side to help pay for it ;)

needless to say I was crapping myself when stuck in the pub for 30mins before he turned up...

:thumbs: At least he didn't say he wanted you as far from his daughter as possible!