The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V.Fast Car needed to race Ferrari on Channel 5

Guest NGA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supra's have huge road holding abilities...best lateral G in class when they were launched.

Nick Kiesa that Monkey was talking about with his T88 Supra handed a lot of Skylines lessons in how to go round corners on a vid I have.

I'd have a go if I was any good at driving round a track, which I dont think I am :) , have already anhialated (sp?) a 355, AM DB7, brand new Porsche 911 Turbo on way home from bolney ha ha, but round a track it might be a different story coz my car would only be devastating getting well above 100 with a good driver at the helm. I'll happily let Terry have a go if he takes responsibility of his old car for the day,

regards

Nick

Ooooo just saw this one,cant believe this threads been running for 2 days and no one has stepped up ! Im sure NGA has posted up on other forums and there will be a list of people interested already.

Dude - how can you miss this oppurtunity ? :D We would all love to see the Brighton Beast on TV ( and it would be nice to see your supra too :D)

Whiffin - get yer bitz out lad and go race the rari man ! Surely this would do you business a lot of good too

OK - im bringing my mamas Toyota Starlet if you lot dont do something soon !

:p :thumbs:

what about a nice powerfull supra with aftermarket suspension.

Chris Wilson knows a thing or two about driving. could be worth doing. you might have a powerfull car but you would need some driving skill too. chris has plenty of track time under his belt.

could be good to watch

Originally posted by far

Ooooo just saw this one,cant believe this threads been running for 2 days and no one has stepped up ! Im sure NGA has posted up on other forums and there will be a list of people interested already.

Dude - how can you miss this oppurtunity ? :D We would all love to see the Brighton Beast on TV ( and it would be nice to see your supra too :D)

Whiffin - get yer bitz out lad and go race the rari man ! Surely this would do you business a lot of good too

OK - im bringing my mamas Toyota Starlet if you lot dont do something soon !

:p :thumbs:

Id happily pop up there and its just up the road but the guy posts up and cant even be bothered to contact anyone who's showed an interest , plus id want paying , its not as if its a well known program or anything if so id do it for free but i cant find anyone whos even heard of it , No 1 contender should be Terry Saunders in Nicks car for sure or Paul Whiffin as im not running on particularly good rubber at the moment .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Id happily pop up there and its just up the road but the guy posts up and cant even be bothered to contact anyone who's showed an interest , plus id want paying , its not as if its a well known program or anything if so id do it for free but i cant find anyone whos even heard of it , No 1 contender should be Terry Saunders in Nicks car for sure or Paul Whiffin as im not running on particularly good rubber at the moment .

Yeah fair doos knowing you have a 10 sec supe he should have been in touch already,specially if he is trying to promote his programme.

....still would be interesting to see a members supe against a rari whosever it is :innocent:

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Mate this is so a setup.. Sounds to me like someone wants to stick some "rice rockets" against some ferrari's and see them get whooped so they can be all smug and say "look you saddo's you spend all this time and money on them and they are little better than the saxo boys"

I have to agree, I they were really keen they would been in contact.

Unless someone is hyper confident in their driving skills, probably best avoided.

Road going race cars tend to have the advantage on a track:innocent:

Originally posted by Terminator

I have to agree, I they were really keen they would been in contact.

Unless someone is hyper confident in their driving skills, probably best avoided.

Road going race cars tend to have the advantage on a track:innocent:

Ive got £1k says Big Tel mullers the Fiat in nicks car , bet he'd give it a run in his VVTI and i dont care whos driving the Fiat.:D

Originally posted by TRD3000GT

Ill drive it if ya want

:thumbs:

Im only slightly insane and have had quite a bit of track time.

:innocent:

Yeah but youd be too busy checking yourself out in the mirror Chris !!!!!:)

Originally posted by AJI

Well my UK-spec is running about 400bhp on stock suspension but I think that will not even get close to a properly driven Ferrari 360 round a track. Something like Paul Whiffin's car with huge BHP would 'reel' it in on the straights but through the corners a 360 will trounce a Supra. ('trounce' maybe a bit too severe word but it would be a good few mhp faster).

So it basically comes to the track layout and how many corners there are etc.

The 360 is a mid-engined sports car setup for track driving, the change of direction on these cars is a lot more than what a Supra can do with it's front engine setup.

I hope I'm proved wrong if a high powered Supra did go up against a Ferrari 360 but I think the pure racing pedigree of the Ferrari means anything but a stripped-out fully setup Supra would stand a chance. If this is what Paul has then I'd say go for it ! But I know my Supra is definately not capable. And also if Paul has done a number of track days and knows the limits of his car round corners then he most definately is the prime candidate for this challenge.

There's nothing more enjoyable at the track days I do than wooping some Ferrari metal. F40's are easy meat, 360's look like there going backwards! I'd be up for it though of course. I've got a message on my mobile from last week to ring them, been up Scotland watching the Golf for the last week.