• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit Emin,

Glad you're OK though.

If there's anything I can do to help, if you need some spannering or anything doing, just give me a shout.

Tony

thanks mate, will do.. just gota wait till monday when i get the car back and then strip the sides off and go from there, i really hope the fact that the car isnt trying to move when in gear isnt big,

Shit Emin,

Glad you're OK though.

If there's anything I can do to help, if you need some spannering or anything doing, just give me a shout.

Tony

Same here Emin. If you need a hand with anything just let me know. Am not far away :)

ok, this isnt my car but couldnt find any other bits of the front, i have marked out on there the bits that got damaged

Sorry to hear, Hope you get it fixed up without too much stress.

It could be worse dude... the car you posted in the pic could have been your car....

hang on a second...

it's mine..

:clap:

glad she's still in use for something.

Yeah mine were destroyed aswell. I can't remember off the top of my head what they were for, but i'm sure one of them was for the fan. I'm pretty sure that it says what they are for on each of the relays!

I paid somebody £40 for them (forget who).

Here's a picture that i took of Darryls car showing the relays.

Copy of fan relays.jpg

the bit that i have circled in yellow, what is that part that i need to ask for, is it like one length that just bolts back on?? and also the bonnect catch on the left if slightly out of line, so whats that panel, which is the slam panel?

unfurtuantly the relays are probably in the mud on the RA, smashed they were.. police man that gave me a lift back almost got boggd down, it was soo soft the mud

Copy%20of%20fan%20relays.jpg

The part you have marked in yellow is the slam panel. This is welded on either side onto the inner wings. It sounds like it has been stretched over to one side (the same as my car) and will need cutting off and a new one welding in. The panel itself is £85 from toyota.

If it's out of line it could mean that both inner wings will need straightening.

It cost me 1k to have the car put on a jig and have the inner arches put straight and a new slam panel welded in. Plus one of the legs was slightly out and needed moving.

5-May-06  bSAS6.jpg

9-May-06 SAS2.jpg

damage.jpg

Sorry to hear about your crash. I kinda know how you feel mate. It really is gutting.

Not read all the thread but have you had an answer about the gearbox? Had some gearbox problems recently where the engine would rev and the car wouldn't move. A hose had split near the front of the car and I'd lost all transmission fluid. Had it fixed then same thing happened again but the hose hadn't split and it meant a new gearbox.