The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet Struts

Kranz

Well, my pieces of crap lasted nearly 3 weeks before they failed tonight, dropping the bonnet gently down on top of my head. Just replaced the brackets with some of uk-rich's (highly recommended!) as well.

Fitted mine today along with Rich's brackets, they only just hold the bonnet up, cant see these lasting long, ill invest in the dampers Rich has i think.

you can buy the dampers from rs yourself, i can do you the brackets, recorded delivery, painted black, perfect fit for £20

the only down side is you need to re-tap a m6 hole up to m8, i can lend you the right size drill and tap for this (if you have no experience i can talk you through it, its very easy)

maybe they have different fill rates ? the rs ones will be strong enough no problem

Ahhh, but what bonnet??? My std J spec bonnet nearly flew into the neighbours garden when I opened it the other day, forgetting that the struts were fitted :D

I'll chin myself with the bonnet soon if I don't start remembering that they're there :blink:

they look pucka,

wheres picks of yours fitted,

im going to order some,

ive read that and still have trouble following it, lol

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98830

Ahhh, but what bonnet??? My std J spec bonnet nearly flew into the neighbours garden when I opened it the other day, forgetting that the struts were fitted :D

I'll chin myself with the bonnet soon if I don't start remembering that they're there :blink:

the rs ones have a adjusting valve for this very problem

i used 339-9050 which are the stainless ones @£76.75 per pair

part no 686-985 have the same specs and pressures, but are black @£39.99 per pair, these should fit but i have no experiance with them.

both have the adjusting valves