The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many NA owners view this BBS.

Suprash

How many NA owners use this board ??  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How many NA owners use this board ??

• Im a NA owner and I browse this baord often.
    • No option, not allowed to setup a poll with one option

Ahhh, but does the stiffening actually exist?

That's what I meant earlier in the thread - is it an old wives' tale? Has anyone actually seen the extra 'bits'?

Well, revived from the dead or not, if this questions hasn't already been answered, I can confirm that, yes the aero DOES have extra strengthening. In the kickwells, (just pop up the side trim, and lift the carpet in the kickwell), in the rear quaters, (near the rear speakers), under the car, I believe there is a strengthening bar across the prop, and along the side sills. The last two I've been told about, but havn't seen. Perhaps Dude can confirm this as he's been under one or two of them... ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, revived from the dead or not, if this questions hasn't already been answered, I can confirm that, yes the aero DOES have extra strengthening. In the kickwells, (just pop up the side trim, and lift the carpet in the kickwell), in the rear quaters, (near the rear speakers), under the car, I believe there is a strengthening bar across the prop, and along the side sills. The last two I've been told about, but havn't seen. Perhaps Dude can confirm this as he's been under one or two of them... ;)

That's good, 'cause I don't think it was answered. I remeber Dangerous Brain saying his car would almost twist if parked half on a kerb!

That's good, 'cause I don't think it was answered. I remeber Dangerous Brain saying his car would almost twist if parked half on a kerb!

Yeah I parked it up a slight embankment once and the body banana'd and I couldn't get the roof back on. I had to reverse up and put the roof on and re-park. The rear view mirror used to have 50 cars in it with the roof off. A front tower strut brace solved the shaky problem.

I think you can get them for around £200 ish, but you need to be careful which one you get. Obviously the TT's have a higher final drive ratio that may screw up the acceleration on an NA.

Dig up Alex's recent thread on diff ratios. You may find a TT auto diff is close to an NA manual. (But bear in mind, not all TT's had LSD's)

And I would never, ever question the size or ability of your tool... What's more, I don't wish to know ;)

• 2 weeks later...