boombastictiger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be hounest the most confusing part and the thing that is bothering me the most is not being able to remember anything after I was hit, I mean with so much going on around me its so weird to think i dont remember anything. I been sitting down tryin to imagine is atleast remember a voice or somthing..I never been knocked out from a crash before, its so weird, i woke up and had cuts all on me and peple looking at me in the ambulance...so weird and scary, didnt know what was wrong...Has anyone here ever been knocked out before in an accident, I normally have such a good memory i just can realise why i can remember some things but not others..

And you dont speed?? get of YOUR high horse please.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=877057&postcount=1

We all speed even my gran speeds but there is a difference between open round and junctions. The biker was traveling fast over a junction. As we are all aware bikes are more likley to come off worse and as there was a lorry blocking his view of a roundabout he should have slowed down or stopped, from the sound of it he didn't.

Had a bike been on the roundabout he would probably hit them instead as boombastictiger was on the round about when the bike got to the give way sign.

As I said before, glad you're ok mate.

The lorry driver should be in deep shit for parking where he (she?) did. HE (she?) is the root cause of the accident.

The lorry driver is a prick for parking there.

You're a prick (don't take it to heart, we're all pricks at times LOL):) for crossing via a traffic island.

In some people's eyes the bikers a prick for riding round a traffic island without expecting someone to walk out off the island. He's alive, he'll learn to look out for the unexpected.

Guest Phillw454

Glad your ok, i came off my bike about 5 years back broke my neck in 3places and cracked my head open and that was the type you pedal!:blink:

As for the bloke arguing for the bike (sorry didnt see your name) i can see this from both angles cause my bros ride bikes, a r1 and a ninja 600, i dont think its anyones fault as all bikes are taught to make good progress i think it is? where you actually have to cut through trafic and go along the white line, and if you dont its a failure on your test? (i could be wrong) so really it wasnt the bikes or the pedestrians fault as he was trying to cross the road and the biker was just doing what he had been taught.

But its easy to blame one or the other, bikes can do my head in when they weave in and out and cut in and sit in your blindspot, but equally id love to have one!!!!:) At least your both ok

The lorry driver should be in deep shit for parking where he (she?) did. HE (she?) is the root cause of the accident.

Sorry - but the lorry driver did NOT cause this accident in any way.

Yes - he's a total idiot for parking where the diagram indicates, and should get into trouble for it if there is no good reason, but this in NO WAY caused the accident.

Consider what the situation would have been if the lorry had broken down rather than parked? It would have been in exactly the same place. Would it still have been the lorry driver's fault for his lorry breaking down?

PS. Glad you're sounding okay, bbtiger

Glad to hear you're not too mashed up, but please forget sueing anybody. You can't sue the council because a lorry parked over a zebra crossing and then you wandered over a roundabout.

Remember, think once, think twice, think Bike! (or "don't drive your car on the pavement" for Young Ones fans)

I don't know or care who is at fault but why do bikers always believe that other bikers are innocent no matter what the situation?

Absolutely not. I came off quite a few times on the road, 2 out 3 of which were my fault.

If someone steps out in front of you and you hit them, would you honestly expect to be blamed? Be honest.

guys, its easy to cast blame when your not directly involved. :wasnotme: BUT at the end of the day he's had a very lucky escape, thank heavens your ok m8, think you must have a guardian angel to get away with just a few cuts :lalala:

I was in an RTA as a kid, driver hit me, I ended up head first through the windscreen, 1/2 lower impact and Id have been a gonner!

If someone steps out in front of you and you hit them, would you honestly expect to be blamed? Be honest.

It depends on the speeds involved, how good visibility is and a number of factors, if I appear from nowhere at 80 and knock someone over then I reckon it's my fault, if I'm doing 20 in town and a drunk jumps off the pavement then it's their problem... unless I'm on a bike of course, in which case everyone else in the world without a bike license is at fault :innocent:

If someone "steps out" right infront of you, sure - that's their own stupid fault, but from the looks of bbtiger's diagram, he'd have been walking in the road (totally unavoidable sometimes) for quite a while (all the way across the other side of the roundabout), so I don't see how he can be to blame - from his description, he was already standing in the road long before the biker should have seen him - he didn't "suddenly" leap in front of the bike.

I doubt the bike was doing anything like 80, as he was negotiang an island (although he might be that mad):( .

I doubt the guy on the bike would have been so inatentive as too miss someone standing in the road(:blink: ), although it's possible:( .

Botton line is, if you cross a road in a dangerous place without paying absolute attention to what vehicles are on the road, you'll get hit.

This is what happend.

Botton line is, if you cross a road in a dangerous place without paying absolute attention to what vehicles are on the road, you'll get hit.

This is what happend.

What if you look left, look right and look left again before you set off but the vehicle is going so fast that it appears out of nowhere... you'll get hit.

Maybe this is what happened?

We'll never know by the sounds of things but there are so many factors involved. I just find it hard to believe that someone on a bike (that's probably sat high enough to see over any cars in the road) travelling at a speed suitable for the conditions wouldn't be able to see and avoid a slow moving pedestrian in the road.

Perhaps they were still looking right as they entered the roundabout?

Perhaps they were going too fast?

Perhaps our clumsy associate jumped out on them on purpose having seen a chance to sue someone?

We can speculate all we like but I doubt we'll ever have a "bottom line" that everyone agrees on :D

What if you look left, look right and look left again before you set off but the vehicle is going so fast that it appears out of nowhere... you'll get hit.

We'll never know by the sounds of things but there are so many factors involved. I just find it hard to believe that someone on a bike (that's probably sat high enough to see over any cars in the road) travelling at a speed suitable for the conditions wouldn't be able to see and avoid a slow moving pedestrian in the road.

Perhaps our clumsy associate jumped out on them on purpose having seen a chance to sue someone?

We can speculate all we like but I doubt we'll ever have a "bottom line" that everyone agrees on :D

I concur.:)

We'll never know.

Speculate all day mate but it will never be the bikers fault lol :p

Anyway who gives a shit glad you are both okay

Why not step out onto the road if the traffic had stopped?

Mate the traffic (ie the bike) hadn't stopped. The traffic (ie the bike) was still moving, hence the fact he was hit.

Bikes are traffic, they just exist in a largely invisble cocoon, only becoming visible milliseconds before and after an accident. It's well know that bikes 'appear' from nowhere, even on straight roads.

Must be a hyperspace thing.:)

Or maybe people aren't concentrating.

Anyway, we'll never know in this instance. I'm just glad both the participants are still breathing.:)

Mate the traffic (ie the bike) hadn't stopped. The traffic (ie the bike) was still moving, hence the fact he was hit.

Bikes are traffic, they just exist in a largely invisble cocoon, only becoming visible milliseconds before and after an accident. It's well know that bikes 'appear' from nowhere, even on straight roads.

Must be a hyperspace thing.:)

Or maybe people aren't concentrating.

Anyway, we'll never know in this instance. I'm just glad both the participants are still breathing.:)

Yeh, This was before the picture was peresented and i thought the bike had come around the side of the car that had stopped.

Fairy muff.:)

Situations like this are part of the reason I gave up road riding.

Too much danger, both self generated and that caused by others.

Dont you ride your bike on public roads any more then? do you miss it?

I was all up for getting a bike but i was put off because of the amount of protection you DONT have, i think of times when people have been bumped or sided and then think about how bad it could have been if they had been on a bike.

I think that bikes should slow down a bit and not try and weave etc but i also think that bikers are more alert because they have to be and that a lot of car drivers need to take a little more notice of whats going on around them when they are in a car.

There are the good and bad whether car, Bike or pedestrian