The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knocked Out By a Motorbike 2 days ago

boombastictiger

I'm glad you are OK lad.

Did the police attend? If so, what was their take on it? If not, was it reported?

I would CONSIDER asking for legal advice on the situation (I would suggest the same to the biker).

If both of you were LEGALLY at fault then fair enough, live and learn. If not, you may be able to at least claim loss of earnings and/or damages.

I hope you (and the biker) are fully fit soon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you had not stepped off the pavment into the rd the accident would never have happened, lucky you never killed the poor biker, sorry i have no sympathy for you, oh and you can have tinted visor in the day time as long as its BSI approved.

Im just glad you was not in a car when you had a brain failure and decided to walk infront of a moving bike, sounds like you was chatting to your mates and not concentrating on what you was doing.

I don't know how you can say such things , anyone would think you were there standing by the side of the road watching this happen.

What abut the witnesses who said the biker was going fast.

Of course you shouldn't step out infront of a moving vehicle but without knowing the facts it's impossible to put all of the blame on anyone's shoulders.

Dont you ride your bike on public roads any more then? do you miss it?

I was all up for getting a bike but i was put off because of the amount of protection you DONT have, i think of times when people have been bumped or sided and then think about how bad it could have been if they had been on a bike.

I think that bikes should slow down a bit and not try and weave etc but i also think that bikers are more alert because they have to be and that a lot of car drivers need to take a little more notice of whats going on around them when they are in a car.

There are the good and bad whether car, Bike or pedestrian

Last time I rode on the road was to get to Snetterton (about 2 miles from me) for a track day just before my tax and insurance expired early last year. Before then I'd only done a few journeys the previous year.

I found that after riding on the track, the road is too dangerous, too small, too well populated and too well poilced (well, not policed in the correct sense, but camera'd: you get the picture:) ).

3 figures come up about 2 or 3 seconds after exiting a 40 limit on full throttle in the right circumstances. The buzz is fantastic, but too dangerous on the road. On the track you get that sensation hallf a dozen times per lap (every 1-2 mins depending on the track) and all in the right circumstances. There's less to hit and virtually instant medical attention if it does go t1ts up.

I've had accicdents in cars and on bikes (bikes mainly my fault, cars all other peoples fault).

In cars I've been rear ended at a pedestrian crossing (oooh er:) ), left the road into a hedge with a wannabe racing driver, 90mph spin into the central reservation on the M11 (mad Frenchman driving). After every car accident (so far) I've been in high spirits, because the same accident on a bike would have led to serious injury or worse.

I can say in all honesty, I don't miss road riding.:)

Make sure you keep a check on those headaches of yours, if they don't improve in a few days go back to your doctor.

I hate to see the blame game thrown about but in legal terms if you crossed a main road without using the appropriate crossing points (zebra, lights etc) then you are at fault.

Saying the biker was speeding etc is just hearsay and not easy to prove im afraid.

However you mentioned a lorry blocking the crossing ? perhaps this is the area you need to be looking in to ? did you get company name licence plate or anything ?

If you are looking at legal action i suggest you have this moved out of chat.

i hope you get better soon :)

Sorry - but the lorry driver did NOT cause this accident in any way.

Yes - he's a total idiot for parking where the diagram indicates, and should get into trouble for it if there is no good reason, but this in NO WAY caused the accident.

Consider what the situation would have been if the lorry had broken down rather than parked? It would have been in exactly the same place. Would it still have been the lorry driver's fault for his lorry breaking down?

PS. Glad you're sounding okay, bbtiger

Have you never carried out root cause analysis?

Ask yourself why the accident happenrd? Becasus BBT was in the road.

Why was he in the road? Because he couldn't use the crossing.

Why? Because the lorry was parked on the crossing.

Other factors may be contrbutary, but the root cause is the lorry in the wrong place.:)

Had the lorry broken down, the root cause would move to the failed part and from there to reason that part failed. This would then be the root cause.

If the lorry was parked, the root cause is the driver's stupity, everything else just followed on.

All in my opinion of course.:)

I'll waive the root cause analysis training fee.:)