Wrong exhaust, cut and shut?

Bakerboy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

so are you sending it back (thats what I would do for a full refund inc pst charges) OR are you cutting a brand new exhaust.

Like CW says, hard to explain the extra 6 inches....perhaps its not even for the mk4 supra/////

No i'm getting Triton to fit it on, i'm sure they will do a good job

cutting that exhaust up would be crazy.

for a start, even if it does work what's the chances of you selling it on if you wanted to do that?

sounds stupid i know but a lot of people end up removing exhausts and selling them on for a number of reasons and i certainly wouldn't buy one that's been hacked about with.

fit it as is or send it back imo.

sounds to me like you have totally the wrong exhaust mate. 6 inches out isnt just a tad is it. I know your trying to rush this job, and it is your choice, but i think you can see that everyone here is saying you should sort this properly and get the correct exhaust.

Have you not spoken back to Triton to confirm with them there is no diference between a vvti and non vvti? Have you spoken with Envy to confirm if they did indeed ship you a Supra exhaust?

Just all seems a bit wrong to me. You dont spend that much on an exhaust to chop it up!

sounds to me like you have totally the wrong exhaust mate. 6 inches out isnt just a tad is it. I know your trying to rush this job, and it is your choice, but i think you can see that everyone here is saying you should sort this properly and get the correct exhaust.

Have you not spoken back to Triton to confirm with them there is no diference between a vvti and non vvti? Have you spoken with Envy to confirm if they did indeed ship you a Supra exhaust?

Just all seems a bit wrong to me. You dont spend that much on an exhaust to chop it up!

Yeh I spoke to envy and they said it's deffo for a mk4 supra, and triton said they could fit it by cutting and shutting it so i'm totally miffed.

I know with the Hondas for example the JAP spec and UK Spec exhausts are different due to the different sizes of CATs.

However as confirmed by CW on this thread this is not the case with the supras.

seems like you dont have a mk4 exhaust.

Triton have a good reputation, as mentioned before they know what they are doing.

I don't give a shit about their reputation mate, obviously they don't have a clue IF they have the correct part and cannot fit it. I'm a numpty and have done it on my drive for christ's sake

As said above, if you have made up your mind, go for it. More fool you.

Nothing more to be said in this thread then is there?

:D Do you have any idea how happy that made me!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D would be something like that...

Amazing quality of work, highly regarded, really know their stuff!

Cough

Of course it is easy to make mistakes, very schoolboy though!

Glad it is sorted for you, enjoy the exhaust and make sure you show us all some pics.