Jonty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you do housecalls? :D

He does if you ask nicely :D

I ordered a vband clamp from turbofit at 1pm one Saturday, had it delivered free of charge by Jamie 2 hrs later (I'm around 120 miles from Turbofit!) :D Also had a ride in the car which was truely impressive even at 0.8 bar.

That ebay price is bloody cheap too!

just wondering whether to sell it and go for something else or not. If i can get full boost by the same rpm as mine on a bigger turbo, I would prefer it. on a 3litre engine, when should the gt4067 reach full boost compared with the t88? Is that ebay link for real? A t88 for £500!

just wondering whether to sell it and go for something else or not. If i can get full boost by the same rpm as mine on a bigger turbo, I would prefer it. on a 3litre engine, when should the gt4067 reach full boost?

IIRC I was getting full boost with her around 4400 rpm on the 1JZ. I would have to double check some old posts to find out for sure.

So would it make sense to sell up and got for the t88 then. Ive now gone 1.5 so i get the benifit of the 3.0 along with all my uprated internals and lightened crank etc, it should rev up good eh?

If I had to do it all again I would drop it down to the 4088r

Ok Technichal guys,I'am thinking down the single route, this turbo what do I need to get a proper set up and what are we talking realistecly cost wise, my sup is currently BPU,What is the ball park figure.

Very, VERY rough guide:

T61 size with absolute base setup (barely more power than BPU):

£2.5k-3.5k provided you have the full BPU stuff done

T61 to T67 size setup with proper ECU, map and decent components:

£5k

T61 to T72 size setup with premium everything:

£8-12k

Plus, if you;re auto you'll need a new box and TC (£2-3k), manual owners need a new clutch (£500+).

as in the ebay link jamie posted? drop down, is it smaller? Im confused.

Ok, apparently the gt4088 spools quicker then the gt4067, I am assuming the 4088 has smaller or more efficient internals than the 4067. Hence my comment to 'drop down'.

The link Jamie posted is for a gt4088 with the 360 journal bearing. Personally I would go for the gt4088R as that is DBB and could help with spool even more.

The link Jamie posted is for a gt4088 with the 360 journal bearing. Personally I would go for the gt4088R as that is DBB and could help with spool even more.

Now that would be pretty awesome on a properly setup engine/ecu! Do you know if thats water cooled too? (ie royal PITA to install)