The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Request to all you TT boys out there from an NA Owner

Max Headroom

Next person to say 'blah blah 2nd turbo, blah especially in an auto" will get a slap.

Do you know how much throttle you have to give it to get it to 4k? If you are driving like that you are not really driving correctly for the conditions.

Sick of hearing that same excuse.

You've got to mash the gas to get the No2 kick anyway, gentle throttle and you can rev right through the range without any sudden burst of acceleration.

I was driving pass Oxford at 7 am on the dual carriageway towards the M40 in my auto TT and I could feel the back sliding at 70 even on the straight. The outside lane was okay as you could drive in the wheel tracks where the frost was thawed out but the inside lane was completely white. Family saloon cars were overtaking me at ease 70+ but as soon as I ventured out on to the white stuff it was like Torvill & Dean. Take the strain with the train

Just read another thread on one of the TT boys flipping his Supra. Please Please Please be careful!! So far it has been two TTs flipped this year, I would hate it to be more.

And on a lighter note, it is making the silver coloured Supe less common :p

What do yoy mean TT BOYS? I aint no boy - although im not likely to flip my TT cos i can drive it!!!:D

I dont get why everyone is having a problem in this weather.... I just stay in high gears, it still pulls fine just doesnt hit the 2nd turbo. If your sensible its fine ! I know its tempting to boot it, as I love it myself, but just do it gradually, then once the 2nd turbo is in and you have traction, let rip....

Also, when it fishtails, as long as your not stupid and know how to snap it back in, its all good.

Be careful and you'll be fine...