Gutted? understatement!!

Irvy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real shame mate - glad you're ok! Remember, even though you've dedicated loads of time & money, it's still only metal & as others have said, it can be replaced... will you buy another one?

I want another one but may wait a while as i am tempted to get rid of the credit card debt i built up with this car....its too tempting to pay it off with the payout i expect. that said - the other half isnt keen to see me in another soop so quick. i have rolled a BMW about 6 times 4 years ago and it is still remembered by said person LOL

did walk away from that too tho - think i will change my profile name to Tabby!;)

terrible thing to happen to such a lovely car, feel v. sorry for you and the title of the thread must say it all. There must be one Supra a week ending up like yours, and they are just the ones we hear of. Good luck finding another one, you know you want one :-)

Hot poop! I will mourn the passing of yet another supra :(

Yet again it seems that the ole Sup is fookin good at protecting the driver! (Probably a good job too considering how ass happy they tend to get in moderately moist conditions).

Great that you walked away with minor injuries... and still have your SOH intact ;)

Probably a good job too considering how ass happy they tend to get in moderately moist conditions

I think Greg (Turbofit) summed it up well at the Ace Cafe meet yesterday 'Supra's are extremely unforgiving' and this is coming from someone with decades of racing experience.

If you get it badly wrong, you're going in a ditch or barrier. Unfortunately the accident levels are increasing exponentially each year :( Until last year only one lost their life in the entire clubs history, this year we've heard of 3. I just hope we can help some of the newbie’s during the new season learn some respect for the car and get some proper driver training off the main roads.

Perhaps some more driver training days and track days are in order... Maybe it’s time to start learning to drive these cars rather than polishing them ;)

Irrrrvyyyyy........ NOOOOOOOO! You killed her!!! :cry:

That car will always have a special place in my heart. Glad you're ok though m8, that's the most important thing!

pm me if you want some help to bring over another mint low miler example. It's funny.... so many people are realising how they were conned a few years back by low mileage now they've found their supposed 30k miler was actually a 70k miler when it came across due to new BIMTA checks. I know 100% yours was a GENUINE 28k miles. The beauty of doing these things yourself.

Cheers,

Brian.

Here she is as she started out:

Purely for nostalgia reasons. RE: the stock TC.... more evidence it's junk and exactly why I've been advocating turning it off when you get in the car as part of the start up procedure for years and also why it's completely non existant in mine.

Cheers,

Brian.