The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Build + 6 Speed Conversion!

Pig

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was N0#5 that was damaged.

Any idea's what might have cause it? Could it have been when the twins blew? Or when i upped the boost on my beloved bleed valve :eyebrows:

Looking good, im droping my car of tomorrow so look forward to checking it out:cool:

Lucky bugger, i wanna see it :D

Whats yours going in for?

It was the 2nd ring on the piston that had snapped in two places and had been caught and trapped.

The other ring and oil ring were ok, all the other bores and pistons were in quite good condition.:)

Sorry forgot to mention that it would not have been anything to do with the twins going west and I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with the boost being turned up, just ring failure in a tired,worn engine.

It was the 2nd ring on the piston that had snapped in two places and had been caught and trapped.

The other ring and oil ring were ok, all the other bores and pistons were in quite good condition.:)

Sorry forgot to mention that it would not have been anything to do with the twins going west and I am pretty sure it had nothing to do with the boost being turned up, just ring failure in a tired,worn engine.

What....Your telling me it wasnt even my faul :( Would the snapped piston ring explain the last full boost?

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys and girls, the engine is back in and everything is coming together. Same has sent me 3 teaser pics but im afraid i cant be bothered to load them up.

Me being a numpty didnt think about boost control (TBH i thought it would be done through the AEM) Thankfully greg is going to put a soloniod on as the bleed valve really isnt up to it.

Mapping and running in (on the RR) will take place on friday / sat and i will be collecting on sunday.

Any advice about the mapping?

I think what i would like is:

a 1.4 bar map for everyday (weekend only) driving

a XX bar map (as high as we can go) for spirited

options for anti lag, full throttle gear change and anti lag

Getting excited again now :D

Lucky bugger still waiting on my rebuild getting alittle tight on time now too:search: hope to see it on sunday mate ;)

Always the way, but the right place will always pull out the stops. In your case, (iirc your doing your own work) you just not going to be able to sleep

good to hear... my car will be back on sunday... all running!!

You need a boost controller?? I also thought the ECU could handle it...

Yep, or a boost soloniod, it was that or a bleed valve lol!

i thought that an ecu could control boost... bloody hell, I am going to have to do a search quickly...

Graham if you buy the AEM boost controller you get the head unit and the solenoid. If you already have the AEM ECU you just need to buy the solenoid and use the AEM to control it. Not very expensive. Give Greg and Sam a shout a Turbofit nd im sure they can hook you up with one :)

Graham if you buy the AEM boost controller you get the head unit and the solenoid. If you already have the AEM ECU you just need to buy the solenoid and use the AEM to control it. Not very expensive. Give Greg and Sam a shout a Turbofit nd im sure they can hook you up with one :)

problem is that my car is at thor being mapped right now. Has already spent 4 - 5 weeks + at turbofit.

going for a LINK ECU.

problem is that my car is at thor being mapped right now. Has already spent 4 - 5 weeks + at turbofit.

going for a LINK ECU.

HHmmm not sure about the link ecu to be honest. I know Sam got one put in her's but i think she has an AVCR. Give her a shout in the morning and ask.

What were your instructions to Thor about mapping?? Surley if they couldn't map it to where you wanted it they would have said.