Ric

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys & girls

, Rising Sun Car Show is back for 2007. We are aiming to be bigger and better this year, but its not possible without your help!

Show Times

Gates Open Saturday 9.30am - 6pm (For general public)

Show Cars and Traders to be in the event and setup by Saturday no later than 9.30am. Traders are welcome from Friday at 10am

Activities

Awards will be Presented on both Saturday and Sunday for the following:-

Show & Shine

Best in Car Entertainment (ICE)

Best Standard

Best Modified Styling

Best Modified Performance

Best in Class

Best Neon Display

To be presented on Sunday

Best of Show, Best Club along with Interclub activities awards

Wide range of traders and stuff for the kids

Camping areas availible (Watch this space)

Lots of club area availible.

http://www.risingsuncarshow.co.uk

http://www.risingsuncarshow.co.uk/forum

Thanks Fellas would be great to see a lot more of you there.

Pre book minimum of 10 to reserve your club space

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the plan for this, do we have a club stand?

I'm going Saturday and if the weather is good and the company is good, might even camp over for the Sunday.

is there another link to this for a list of who is going?

Okie dokey. I reside some 300 miles away near Loch Lomond so is it going to be worth my while coming down to this show?????. I was planning to leave here around 5 am on Saturday. As I've never attended this particular show do you reckon my drive will be worth it???? Cheers chaps;)

Was excellent this year, 1012 cars through the gates over the weekend very busy, shame the weather spoiled things this afternoon.

Shame about the club turn out, just me and some other guy.

Loads of members round this sorta area and you would have thought they would support a show what's trying to to get a hold on the show calender, Disappointing but im sure you have you're reasons.

All in all a good basis to be even more popular next year

Well I for one was really disappointed with this so called "show". I would call it a "meet". Excellent location but after travelling some 300 miles was stunned to see how sparse the turnout was, how little traders there were and how poor the examples of cars there were on show. Not something I will think of attending again. Some better organisation and networking required I think.

30 minutes were enough to look around at what was there and little in the way to hold my attention. A complete waste of fuel in my book!.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To be honest what supra100 has said was my view of the weekend. I camped there on the Saturday night (after turning up at about 9 but that's another story), and looked around what was there on the sunday.

The trader turn out was very poor. I don't know if any had packed up and left on the Saturday, but there was only two there on the sunday. one not much bigger than a phone box selling guages. And one selling car parts, I didn't venture in to see exactly what they were selling as it appered that they only had about 10 items for sale!

One of the worst bits of the show for me was getting in and out of the show, what a nightmare! The track in was downhill, fairly steep and was extremely muddy (made worse by all the rain) which meant your car got covered in mud, especially when somebody in front floors it!.

There were alot of cars getting stuck all day on the sunday trying to get out aswell, made worse by all the nob ends in impreza's flooring it up the hill churning up the mud!