The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full Single Turbo Install

michel lane

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Good luck guy's, hope it all goes smoothly. :) . I'm no expert, but wouldn't 650 injectors be better than 880's on a t67 though ?

650's at 1.4Bar in top gear......you'd be pretty close to maxing out the duty cycle of the injectors.

720's would be an ideal choice, but im going for future proofing incase i want more power:)

Good luck guy's, hope it all goes smoothly. :) . I'm no expert, but wouldn't 650 injectors be better than 880's on a t67 though ?

Just to echo what has been said, 650's are not adequate for a T67 if you want to run more than 1.2 bar. Here's some info Ian C sent me:

My 720's at 38psi static run around 85% to 90% duty at the top end of the rev range and 1.4bar boost. 650's are fine for a T61 at 1.4bar, maybe 1.6 if you crank up the fuel pressure, but you'd see 98% to 100% duty at 1.4bar on a 67, leaving absolutely no headroom for the boost creeping up a bit or running richer in higher gears for intercooler effects etc etc so frankly I wouldn't map that high, maybe 1.2bar maximum.

BTW, good luck with the project Adnan, will be interested to hear your impressions after its done.

Just to echo what has been said, 650's are not adequate for a T67 if you want to run more than 1.2 bar. QUOTE]

Cheers for that Homer :) .

What made me think 650's would be ok, was hearing an owner of a t67 saying he wished he'd stayed with the 650's over the larger injectors he has in the car now, something about the car running better, and the bigger injectors being overkill.

What made me think 650's would be ok, was hearing an owner of a t67 saying he wished he'd stayed with the 650's over the larger injectors he has in the car now, something about the car running better, and the bigger injectors being overkill.

It wasn't mapped properly then, or had an fueling computer not up to the job (eg an SAFC wouldn't run properly with huge injectors).

It wasn't mapped properly then, or had an fueling computer not up to the job (eg an SAFC wouldn't run properly with huge injectors).

I wouldn't know mate to be honest, maybe he went for bigger injector's for the reason's yourself and wkdtime have mentioned. His car is mapped beyond 1.2 bar.

Well Adanan (wkdtime) dropped his car of for me to start the install. The first thing we had to sort out was the clutch , here are some pics of the ACT PRESSURE PLATE/ BRONZE 6 PUCK PLATE and FERNANDIZ LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL.

I will be taking the engine out to do this install because it will take less time. Various problems i have encountered so far is the DP/MP is 4 inch's Adanan exhaust is just short of 3 inch and has a 2 bolt design , i have a 4 inch vband to 2 bolt adaptor to do the job. I think iam going to change the exhaust setup to a 3.5 inch system to the back box..but thats later.

DSC00172.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well engine came out, this was due to some small issues with the car - leaking power steering pump / broken engine mount. it makes the job easyer and we can sort out any other issues aswell. We inspected the timing belt and it was loose, fan belt very worn . The power steering pump had a leaky gasket so we retified it with a new gasket kit. The engine was held in place with one mount , the other had was not bolted to the car, because the main hanger was broken . pictures of the engine on the floor. The clutch as been installed. Next will be the manifold, wastegate, dp, mp, turbo.

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

DSC00181.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Well its a week before the tuning and so far we have sorted out :

1:full fuel system install

2:various corroded pipes

3:exhaust issues

The Fuel system we have used is a one deviced by myself, it carries 2 walbro pumps , running a dual line towards the front of the car , then both lines go into a -10n aeromotive fuel filter , then a line from the filter (-10n) ,which then goes to the rail -10n to -6n, the FPR (aeromotive unit) then takes the 2nd input of the fuel rail -6n. The standard return line is used , but converted to a -6n in the engine bay. The location is situated for ease of removal at a later period. I also removed the charcoal canister.

We applied a new koyo rad to the car aswell as a 4inch fmic , this will help the cooling during the summer months. Why we choose the kayo to the fluidyn ?? the kayo is thicker and you can place an new bonnet without the worries of it not fitting properly as the fluidyn is noted for (various carbon bonnets that require bonnet pins).

We also removed about an inch of muck on the engine bay , cant beleive how dirty this car was .. you need to keep it clean from now on ...unfortunately i cant shine the engine , it needs a serious clean and the tb/manifold needs polishing .

All the coil pack clips were shot , so i replaced all of them, the seal for the intake manifold had a kink in it , so we had to replace this. overall the job was not a straight forward as i imaged, but you have to take this into consideration it is a "L" REG car, things are bound to have wear and tear on it ....

Tuning is on friday , so ill post the graph up on monday

DSC00185.JPG

DSC00187.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

DSC00186.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00193.JPG

DSC00194.JPG

DSC00195.JPG

Here are some pics of another customer engine that iam putting together. This is based on the bottom end i have for sale. Just a reminder i can organise installation and tuning of all engines or single turbo conversions done by myself. We are looking for around the 700hp for this engine on standard pump gas.

DSC00196.JPG

DSC00197.JPG

DSC00198.JPG

DSC00199.JPG