The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any good the Falken 452 tyres?

Sheefa

Thanks Michael, will do.

In answer to the above question, say I did have 235/35/17 on the fronts before and now I fit the Falken 235/40/17s on the front, would this uspet the balance of the car in comparison to my current rears at 255/45/17?

Thanks ;)

Greg

A difference of 11.75mm (82.25mm = 35% of 235mm vs 94mm = 40%) - not enough to worry about hugely I wouldn't have thought. If your suspension, bushes etc. where absolutely top notch then you might notice a difference but on a road car I doubt you'd notice :) (someone will be along to poo-poo me in a minute :))

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the eBay seller is misleadingly selling them individually. He was showing a quantity of two and someone has bought one now, so I suspect it's £75 each. If gregasgp is anyone on here then beware.

He should be OK mate - the ad clearly states "The sale is for two " in the text (blue bit, not in bold, half way along the first line). Fingers crossed dude :D

Thanks guys and yes I am GREGASGP.

It clearly states TWO tyres, 2 in the title and a COMPLETE REPLACEMENT FOR ONE AXLE.

If he tries to con me, I will pay him a visit and put his f-ing head through my old tyre.

Seems damn good value though. :)

Greg

PS: I think you're right, I've emailed him now to check. I hate the crafty cheekiness some ebay selers use. Not happy.

Im using Falken 452's all round at the moment. I've had the F1's and the Toyo's and I simply cant fault the 452's, they are as least as good if not better than the F1's.

They offer great lateral grip and I feel quite safe with them on these greasy roads. Obviously the Supe will spin up any tire but I will probably buy the 452's again next.

GREG! you have just bought ONE tyre. this guy is a nob head. user names are the same.. i messaged him recently about 'two' tyres he was selling for £65. i wanted to use them for winter as they seemed v.cheap. anyhow heres the response i got..

Q: Hi, would you accept cheque as a payment for this item? i am in leicestershire would delivery be free on the tyres. also what is the speed rating please? regards, maz

A: No worries. Price is per tyre just in case that isn't clear. Happy to take a cheque. Delivery should be free for you, I bought the tyres for my Supra but it was written off (not my fault) before i had chance to fit them so i'm only after my money back. If i can get delivery for the sale price then it will be free. Speed rating is 94W thanks, martin.

greg if you have'nt paid yet, then double check with him :) because both adverts are almost identical and misleading. i started a thread about it recently too somewhere.

Thanks Maz.

Yep, he's emailed me back saying it's per tyre.

I told him his listing was far too ambiguous and he was clearly trying to 'do' people out of their hard earned cash.

I requested the purchase be mutually withdrawn or I'd report him.

Either way, the tw@ts not getting paid!

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Greg

EDIT: This guy is a cheeky fuck! I emailed him the following:

Hi Martin,

Apologies mate but I have 2 problems! A) I thought this was for BOTH tyres as the listing is a little misleading advertisaing it as 2xFalken etc and not indicating anywhere that it's £75 EACH Tyre,

......and B) The profile won't clear my arches anyway as I'm looking for 235/30/17, (checked when I got home) not 40!

Sorry for any inconvenience caused mate, I'll withdraw my transaction.

Greg

He replied with.............

No worries i'll see how it goes. Apologies for any confusion, the idea was to list two tyres at £75 each using quantity availble. Not used it before so bit of trial and error on listing. sure it will be fine. m.

Lying Bastard! First time my arse!:rolleyes:

Thanks Maz.

Yep, he's emailed me back saying it's per tyre.

I told him his listing was far too ambiguous and he was clearly trying to 'do' people out of their hard earned cash.

I requested the purchase be mutually withdrawn or I'd report him.

Either way, the tw@ts not getting paid!

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Greg

Should have reported the b@stards listing anyway. i was going to but didnt know how to do it. the ad's are very misleading and i was just going to buy them but thought id check if its really free postage before i sent any £.

Bump Maz - check above edit and reply the git. I will report them.

Nice one im gonna report him later on aswell after ive eaten. it seems that he would have asked for delivery £ aswell before he sent them out, because he pointed out to me he will try and include delivery within the sale price if he can arrange something.

Do yourself a favor and drop the Falkens, no point in trying to save a few pounds and sacrificing grip/safety in the process. That rubber is the most important thing keeping you pointing in the right direction. Personally I my picks would be in order of preference:

F1

Pilot sport

P-Zero

I have the 452's, Excellent value for money and the grip on them is actually very good.

Its my third set, and not once have i had a problem with them.

May want to re-think your statement:)

Edit- My bad, Just saw your second post....It's always good to research first:D

I've used Kumhos on the rear of mine, always great in the wet and hard wearing during the summer, great tyres for me TBH.

I also changed the front from Falkens to Kumho KU15's, and I've found these an extemely good tyre, again excellent in the wet and reasonably hard wearing but grippy as hell for a set of fronts. Consider them if you are changing fronts....

Im running 451's, and cant complain, good to see so many owners running the Falken brand, think its a quality tire for the money.......
....but doesn't have the 'label' so people tend to dismiss them as being cheap and inferior.

I can't help but wonder how many people have actually done scientific, controlled tests to prove that the top-name brands are so much better??:)

....but doesn't have the 'label' so people tend to dismiss them as being cheap and inferior.

I can't help but wonder how many people have actually done scientific, controlled tests to prove that the top-name brands are so much better??:)

I dont doubt that they are probably are better quality tyre, but how much difference would someone like us, the average car driver notice. Very little I doubt, maybe if you were a top Good Year tyre tester you might, even a proffesional driver/race driver but to me I really cant say the Falkens are worse then my previous Bridgstone SO3's which are the daddy both is quality and price...........

Im using Falken 452's all round at the moment. I've had the F1's and the Toyo's and I simply cant fault the 452's, they are as least as good if not better than the F1's.

They offer great lateral grip and I feel quite safe with them on these greasy roads. Obviously the Supe will spin up any tire but I will probably buy the 452's again next.

Glad to see another convert! :)

As I've said before, I've ran many tyres including a few sets of F1 GSD2's and GSD3's and the Falken FK-452's are superior in both dry and wet weather IMO.

And I don't tend to hang about on a proper country road, dry or wet!

Cheers,

Brian.