Exhaust question

Chris and Alana

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NiceGuyEddy

Hiya guys

I've got a video clip of an XS Power (Motoria) exhuast in action if anyone's interested but does anyone know how to attach it? :search: It's a .avi file of my digi camera if that helps.

Had it fitted in July after the old one failed the MOT due to looking like a flute. Looks and sounds awesome but there was a small problem apparently fitting it due to the flanges being a degree or two out? Still, it went on and there is no sign of any problems with it. It does sit a little lower than the standard but I have had no real problems with this other than a small scrape on a VERY high speed bump. [ANGRY][/ANGRY]

I think it sounds fantastic all the way up the rev range and is not too intrusive when motorway driving. I have driven with it for a few hundred miles at once on a few occasions and have to say i've loved listening to it for the whole time. :) :)

My Miami GT exh. was fitted by Turbofit about 6 weeks ago to my non turbo with 2nd decat. It replaced the stock one so I was used to very quiet.

I asked them to put the baffle in but in their workshop it sounded quieter than I"d expected so I said "take it out" & the guys there agreed it should not have the baffle. Sounded great when it was test driven.

I then drove off & discovered inside the car that the noise was too much & by the time I"d driven 100 miles home I thought I"d made a big mistake & was ready to sell/swap it. HOWEVER, the baffle made a huge difference inside (obviously quieter out as well) & I love it. :cool:

For Non Turbos you"ll need the baffle unless your already deaf or love not hearing anything else. This may be true of many aftermarket exhausts I imagin. Glenn.

Hiya guys

I've got a video clip of an XS Power (Motoria) exhuast in action if anyone's interested but does anyone know how to attach it? :search: It's a .avi file of my digi camera if that helps.

Had it fitted in July after the old one failed the MOT due to looking like a flute. Looks and sounds awesome but there was a small problem apparently fitting it due to the flanges being a degree or two out? Still, it went on and there is no sign of any problems with it. It does sit a little lower than the standard but I have had no real problems with this other than a small scrape on a VERY high speed bump. [ANGRY][/ANGRY]

I think it sounds fantastic all the way up the rev range and is not too intrusive when motorway driving. I have driven with it for a few hundred miles at once on a few occasions and have to say i've loved listening to it for the whole time. :) :)

Any progress on this fella

Guest NiceGuyEddy

Looks like I can't attach .avi files to posts unless anyone's got any suggestions? If not, I'll try and put it on Google Video or Youtube. Hopefully have it done by tommorrow am. :)

Guest NiceGuyEddy

OK, it's on Google Video now. Just a few things to say about it before you have a look. First, it's not fantastic quality as it was just us larkin about really (Martin Scorsese turned us down) and it's a bit short but hopefully you can get some idea of what they're like [GRIN][/GRIN]

Also, to state the obvious, but it sounds much better for real unless you've got some good quality computer speakers and sorry for the ridiculous posy walk to the car but I told my mate to start filming AFTER I got in the car [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Anyway, here's the link

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=xs+power+exhaust

or just type XS POWER EXHAUST into Google video search box.

:) :) :)

Guest NiceGuyEddy

Cheers mate [GRIN][/GRIN]. Still has both the cats in as it was cat back system only. Sorry I can't elaborate much more on the fitting. All I know was that when the two parts of the system were put together, the whole thing was a degree or two out [sHOCK][/sHOCK] but doesn't seem to have had much of an effect. The gaskets that came with it seem to have sealed it well - no evidence of any leaks. The friend who fitted it just said it was a bit more of a pain that it needed to be :)

Just a bit of advice needed my mates recon that i should get an exhaust on my soop that comes out at an angle like the miami but it also angles upwards what does every think about this an has anyone got it an whats it like. Has anyone got any pics of this an where do i get them from.

THANKS NUTKIN

Just a bit of advice needed my mates recon that i should get an exhaust on my soop that comes out at an angle like the miami but it also angles upwards what does every think about this an has anyone got it an whats it like. Has anyone got any pics of this an where do i get them from.

THANKS NUTKIN

i have one and i have pic too but its too big to post here so either msn or i can email you one :)

Is this exhaust a miami gt as said in your garage cause the one im really lookin for angle upwards aswell as angles outwards.

Yes mate. it does angle upwards and sideways.. if thats what you mean :)

I'm still deciding which of these two exhausts to buy.. Does anyone know if they come with removable baffles or do you have to buy them separately? I want it to sound loud but i've got a feeling that with both the cats removed and my stainless manifold going on it might be a bit over the top! :D

The Miami exhaust comes with a baffle but beware.

If you get the 4" exhaust (like I did) instead of the advertised 5" one, the baffle is absolutely crap and strangles the car down to being a squeeky low boost turd!

I'm still waiting for Andy to get back to me about a new one...

I had no problems and it hangs realy high, good for speed bumps! i have mounted the exhaust in my car park, it was easy!

The only downside of this exhaust are the mounting rubbers, they are quite weak, buy some thougher ones and thats it.

http://www.archanox.demon.nl/ba.jpg

http://www.archanox.demon.nl/bb.jpg

I'll post a video of the exhaust runnig stationair with all cats in and another video of revving the car and a second decat pipe :)

I'm still deciding which of these two exhausts to buy.. Does anyone know if they come with removable baffles or do you have to buy them separately? I want it to sound loud but i've got a feeling that with both the cats removed and my stainless manifold going on it might be a bit over the top! :D

I'd definitely get an exhaust with a baffle in the tail pipe, a decatted NA with a straight through exhaust, will be ear bleedingly loud without one.