The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GPS ! Some Guidence Please

M4RK RZ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not read what's been posted up until now but....

Don't get the RA 6000... total poo!!! It's so slow and clumsey!!! ... total wank in my opinion!!

How about the Navman F20?? Great little piece of kit and only £149.99 at halfords. ( I'm a manager there!, I don't get this whole halfrauds stuff! )

Yeah...

It's extremely slow to load, change menus or change between applications. Ie... nav and speed camera side of things. You actually have to wait while a little egg timer type thing appears... I've seen it stay for quite a while too!! Also from past experiance, it's prone to freezing and crashing quite alot!

It's just in a completely different league than the Navmans, Tomtoms and Garmins out there!

There is the RA7000 which is just out, but tbh I havn't had a chance to use it yet.

To anyone using pirated TomTom6 on PocketPC (XDA, iPAQ etc),

Could you tell me what version numbers have you got for the TomTom application and the maps?

I've got App version 6.000 (7370) and map:

United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland (v660.1199)

Just want to make sure I'm up to date

cheers

TOMTOM version

TomTom 6.010 installer

Maps

ID=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland.pna

build=1199

id=54333

I've just been given a TomTom ONE (UK) (My Xmas Pressie :)) and at the moment I'm liking it!... I know it's at the lower end only being £200, but I've taken it out for a drive tonight, seems to be fine around roundabouts, updates as quick as Merc Factory Fit Sat Nav, and has taken me to the few places I've asked of it so far (And technically, I got it for free :))

The only moan I have so far is that the TomTom Home software for the PC is annoying me, it wouldn't recognise or let me add the speed camera alerts to it until I'd re-installed the software twice (I also have the traffic alerts package, a 50 euro subscription pa for the pair sounds fair enough to me)...

And for some reason, the software isn't letting me browse my files so I can upload custom voices... Grrr...

I bought a Garmin C510 from Currys a month or so ago, brilliant bit of kit and very pleased so far considering it cost just £149. You can load updated camera files easily from various websites so long as you have the uploader programme on your pc and this is free at Garmin's site. Although mine is only pre loaded with UK and Eire, we took it to Frnace last weekend and it was great, It has Northern France addresses stored in it's database anyhow as standard and when you get further south you can still see see what main roads you are on but not the smaller roads. I would like to get a sd card and try loading some other European maps if poss. but have not found out how to do it yet, other than buying an expensive pre loaded card from Garmin that is. I guess that is where the Tomtom stuff works out well as you can get the extra maps easier at the moment. But as a UK satnav device the Garmin C510 is good I reckon.

I used a crappy Navman (icn520 I think) and it was rubbish, couldn't even enter the whole UK postcode, so it only ever got you close to your destination.