The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Halfords 10 40 fully synthetic

markjodrell

With all due respect, that is in your opinion, and there are those that disagree ;)

No worries, I've edited my post.

Im just pointing out that I've had no problems with 10/40 semi for nearly 40K miles on BPU driving and my car is quite high mileage (120K, compared to other cars here).

Cheers,

Ro

Interesting thread, i've used halfords fully synth 10-40 and their filter to match for 3k mls now with no probs an also a couple of times on my last NA but it's been on my mind I'm being cheap along with the big question of suitability for the TT. For the sake an extra tenner or so I think I'm going for piece of mind this next service.

The halfords stuff was more conveniant, it comes in 5ltrs just enough for the service where the castrol is only 4lt.

This is just my opinion you understand, i think there is an awful lot of crap talked about oils,there are very few real rubbish oils about, most are made by the major oil manufactures as unbranded and sold to other outlet company's, or specifically manufactured to their specs, nearly all this oil is made to a set standard to start with, so the likelihood of getting complete crap is slim, i have used Shell semi synth in a few modified cars and some under a lot of stress;) and i have never had any issues,

i object to throwing over specked oil away at 3-4 K miles as it was designed to go much longer time periods in the engine which is why you pay so much.

Guest The Bruster

Magnatec is horrid horrid horrid stuff.... :D (When I was young and naive I was suckered in by the advertising and used it religiously)

I guess very few of you run oil pressure gauges... after about 500 hard miles its cooked with the heat and loses its viscosity very quickly! If you are going to use that, you might as well go with manufacturers OEM stuff (*cough* even vauxhaul *cough*). Its cheap (if that matters to you) and its not bad either, after all, manufactures are running engines under warrantee on it... -they dont' want to be let down by oil and have to cough up for repairs!

I currently have a can of mineral oil to put in my TT...... but that’s only for initial start up after a total engine rebuild :tongue: