The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My cars been written off by the insurance company!!

johnd-mkiv

over 3K i would want the whole car sprayed for that the geezer that did the work on mine let me help and he was really good at what he did he even sprayed both wings and skirts and flushed the drivers side wing and that wasnt on the estimate

he really took care of the car his garage was out in the middle of no where and the only person i think i could direct to him would be Dee RZ coz he lives in Honington

yer I was looking at doing a deal with the body shop, but I guess im going to have to see what my options are now

To be honest Im not to bothered about it being a catigory wright off with most modified cars they are worth more in bits than to sell as a whole car. think im just going to see what they have to offer me and go from there I was tempted to just say give me the 3k thats been estimated and i repair it

no, no, no!

If you have any plans for your car do not accept a write off. It will kill the resale, not to mentioned difficulty/time to sell. Take LeeT's car for exmaple, it only went for £12k despite being a big single with 6spd and the best bodywork & paintwork in the country.

The car is worth circa £9k, that repair can't cost more than £1200 unless you demand a full resray which is going to be more like £4k total. Still no where near a write off. Argue your case, get who you paid the insurance company for and get the car fixed. Sorry but you're a fool if you don't fight this. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I had similar damage to my car once and the cost of repair was £1200 from the garage, no where near £3!

A car is only written off if the cost of repair is over 70% of the vehicles value, get as many examples as you can of higher priced supras and never accept the first offer you get, insurance companies always try it on!

Ive not accepted anything yet Ill only take it as a write off if I get around 8K for what the cars worth then buy it back but for £4200 i may aswell ask them for the £3200 the garage estimated

I thought you said it was £630 to buy it back?

That sounds fantastic.....tbh.

Get say 6K + out of them

Buy it back for £630

And then get it repaired - 1K-3K.

You will still be in the black.......:thumbs:

Like said earlier - Get all the relevant paperwork and I personally dont think CAT D will be a problem. FFS - the cars are now pushing over 10 yrs old...what do people expect, brand new showroom condition.....time for a reality check me thinks...

EDIT - Does Salvage allow you to buy it back to repair it youself and put it back on the road? Or will you have to break it and sell the bits?

That sounds fantastic.....tbh.

Get say 6K + out of them

Buy it back for £630

And then get it repaired - 1K-3K.

You will still be in the black.......:thumbs:

Like said earlier - Get all the relevant paperwork and I personally dont think CAT D will be a problem. FFS - the cars are now pushing over 10 yrs old...what do people expect, brand new showroom condition.....time for a reality check me thinks...

EDIT - Does Salvage allow you to buy it back to repair it youself and put it back on the road? Or will you have to break it and sell the bits?

yer thats the plan mate im not bothered about it being written off as I have all the pics as to what damage was done also the estimate, I can repair the damage myself for £500 leaving me the rest for project single ;)