The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Verry Happy

2jzhead

Your all being a bit harsh, it was his own land.

However, manners don't cost much mate,

when you sent me that PM asking me those questions you never said please or thank you before or after i gave you my answer!

lol i am sorry, i have been really stressed all day revising for driving test :) please forgive me, thank you :) ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

just drove my dads supra, WOW!! I LOVE IT i got the back end stepping out (trying to drift) and then slammed it into a dounut and had the tyres or should i say tyre smoking lol. the amount of power in these are awsome! i cant wait untill i am old enough to own one lol!!:D :d :p :) sorry about the crappy posts but i am verry happy and i thought i should tell you all :p

Does your Dad know about this ?!! cos I wouldnt be pleased if it was me :spank:

cool, glad you had fun, but hey its abit early for supra yet ;)

yeah i know, i think after a while youll all begin to like me, i have been told i know quite a bit about cars, i am half way to getting a job. when i have sorted my life out i am sure youll accept me

Cool. So come on then how old are you? :)

I am 17, i worked at a mechanics garage for 2 years unpaid. i dont think i am your normal kid that just sits in all day and plays games. i feel i have learnt alot. i asked my friend the other day to pass me a 10mm socket on a 3/8drive ratchet and he hadent a clue what i was talking about i have done engine swaps and changed rear axles on cars. the worst job i have done is a heater matrix on a supra :( they are crazy, and VERRY difficult to do

Read up dude sounds like his dad was actually encouraging the behaviour. To be fair as long as the parent is sitting in the co-pilots seat, and its on completely private land, with plenty of space to lose it on then thats up to them. I have to say its better than the prospect of the lad "borrowing" said vehicle and going for a drive on their own.

This aint the same lad that I was sticking up for the other day is it, the one that wanted to buy a shell.......

Got to say though, it all sounds good, if your dad is with you and its on empty land, after all Im about to teach the gf exactly the same, she has only ever driven a 2.0ltr Seat Cupra, so if some of you will slate this lad then I guess Im up for the same, we all do it....;)

I just think maybe some of the older ones got a little put out by the young lad shouting all over the place about skidding about in a Supra, but then a youngsters tone and the way they talk doesnt always help them on a forum :cool:

If you were my son and drove my car like that I would have given you a proper slapping! :rolleyes:

To be fair at the end of the day, if his dad was in the car then whose problem is it really???

And yes, I remember doing that with my dad... after dropping out of uni and joining BMW motorsport, him and were chatting one day about the training I was getting, so I offered to take him for a drive in his 328i BMW.

I was driving down the road, explaining that it is like a driving test but stricter, showing him how you should be fully aware of the elements around you blah..blah, and he was really interested.... at which point I went round a corner and kicked the back end out and drifted (rather well I will add), across 3 lanes of traffic all while in control..

Bless his heart after he let go of the dash board (leaving suitable finger prints), he casually leaned over and said the immortal words 'Son, please don't do that again with me in the car'....

I never did get him on a skid pan with me, a few high speed runs, but never the skid pan.

If your dad was happy for you to do it, why the hell not have some fun with the car... beats the hell out of nicking it and getting into trouble. I'm a firm believer in that the only way to learn the limits of a car is to pass them.

To be fair at the end of the day, if his dad was in the car then whose problem is it really???

And yes, I remember doing that with my dad... after dropping out of uni and joining BMW motorsport, him and were chatting one day about the training I was getting, so I offered to take him for a drive in his 328i BMW.

I was driving down the road, explaining that it is like a driving test but stricter, showing him how you should be fully aware of the elements around you blah..blah, and he was really interested.... at which point I went round a corner and kicked the back end out and drifted (rather well I will add), across 3 lanes of traffic all while in control..

Bless his heart after he let go of the dash board (leaving suitable finger prints), he casually leaned over and said the immortal words 'Son, please don't do that again with me in the car'....

I never did get him on a skid pan with me, a few high speed runs, but never the skid pan.

If your dad was happy for you to do it, why the hell not have some fun with the car... beats the hell out of nicking it and getting into trouble. I'm a firm believer in that the only way to learn the limits of a car is to pass them.

thanks, i needed a bit more support on this post :p i wont go into what i just did in my mums, ill be here all night explaining myself

Good on your Dad for letting you have a go lad. The more driving experience you get before actually owning your own Supra the better. Doesn't matter what sort of experience as long as it's supervised and SAFE.

(I just hope your Mum's fairly tolerant too. :lol: )