The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car is producing 311 bhp at the wheels so is this quicker than a stock Supra TT?

Guest Geneb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, RHD and like you say uber rare methinks.

I see what you mean about those switches on the dash....not a fan of those..... :thumbdown:

i aint got it yet just chatting to the guy. just after the accidents this week with supra's i just think the 300zx might not be a lairy

Other than that, nice looking car that black one.....If you are worried about the 2nd turbo kicking in on the supra and losing the rear end, then why not switch to parallel mode (whats the word I am looking for - not sequential turbo) on the supra and avoiding that completely.

I do like the 300 zx, my cousin had a two seater swb TT, it was a kinda pastel yellow, went well too. A guy who lives down the road from my mum also has one in red, thats got a full kit and wheels, looks nice. I like the one your interested in mate, its tasty in black. ;)

Guest gzaerojon
are they good fun to drive compared to the sup?

thing is im swapping A N/A for a decent looking TT thats why so tempted

they are great fun, but can't really compare it as mines an auto and i've never driven a manual soop :(

6 spd conversion comming soon ;)

Ignoring the reported problems and expense of 300ZX ownership, am I the only one that thinks they're very 80s looking? Not my cup of tea at all.

I'd rather have a Supra NA. At least you can be pretty confident it won't go wrong and cost you thousands.

Supra TT ftw though.

Ignoring the reported problems and expense of 300ZX ownership, am I the only one that thinks they're very 80s looking? Not my cup of tea at all.

I'd rather have a Supra NA. At least you can be pretty confident it won't go wrong and cost you thousands.

Supra TT ftw though.

that has crossed my mind, mine has never failed to start and is sweet as but no PHIST! and not happy with handling in bends

the 300zx does look abit 80's but it also looks aggressive too

Supra TT ftw though.

It was introduced Spring 89

so yep i suppose a little dated in looks, but then again the Supe arrived roughly 4 years later and had to compete with the Porches etc etc in looks etc,

You can get some great kits for the 300zx, But things like the nasty dash switches show its age,great car though, but most owners will say they are money pits, but that maybe just because they are getting old ???

being put off it now,

just show pics of mine and the black and 2 women have both said mine.:blink:

No your not, But Its good that you are getting feedback before you part with your hard earned money...

Just make sure you get it looked over by someone who knows the 300 very well,

Or speak to a good Import company that has in house Workshop facilities close to you that perhaps could give it the once over for you, would be worth paying an hour or so labour and have peace of mind ;)

I had one too, lovely car, but a money pit as everyone else has said.

You better off with a supra if you want something you've less chance of bending. I think, the 300 produces its full torque/power alot more low down, with it being a v6 and turbo, so you've more chance of lighting them tyres up without wanting to.

Well i did anyway, had some right moments in mine, espec when the HICAS went funny, and knocked the power steering, and rear wheel steering off as i was half way thru a long bend, at 80!!! oh what fun it was trying to survive that one... :blink:

heres my old one, like my the supra, a uk manual twin turbo in red :D

I was thinking of buying one at some point, decided on SWB manual, and I found three for sale in my area (they were not rare)

Traction is a problem with this car, and if you tune it you really feel the loss of traction all the time. I'd be careful with underbonnet temps though, it is very cramped in there and airflow is not very good. Plastic and rubber bits get cooked quicker than in other cars.

Two of the three I test-drove had a fuel smell from leaking fuel-lines (the fuel filter is in the bay)

I think they look cute, but at motorway speeds they are no match for a well setup supra.