The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern Jap Karting Meet

mawby

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers folks, you can permanent marker me over the pencil! :)

I wouldn't mind meeting somewhere along the way for the convoy, as I live 50-100m from the Karting place and will feel a bit silly driving over! (I'll feel worse walking over!)

The teams are 5 or 6 people, so as long as everyone is fine about 6 I'm in & will bring the £10 on the night.

Talking of NUR specs - I need one :(

It is sooooo easy to find. It's on the A32 towards Gosport but I'll be able to show you all on the night. I'll check it out before the date for parking/speed bumps etc.

I wouldn't mind a bit of motorway driving - see how fast the TTs are! Where are you all meeting?

I could meet you somewhere on the M27. Rownhams is probably easiest, but is quite far considering I live just outside the Karting front door in Fareham! Maybe somwhere closer to Fareham, but there are no decent stop points are there?

hi lads.glad your all sorted.deposit wise pay either £50 or £60 / team.then pay the rest on the night.total cost per team is £130 so either £21 or £26 each.

FAO steve w2

nice avatar!!!

cheers guys.see you there

steve

I walked over there today and had a go. There was 8 on the track. In the first 15 minutes I was leading with 26 laps done, whereas the next was 25 laps right down to eight place with 21 laps completed!

I didn't get the fastest lap though, got the second fastest but probably the best average, as I overtook all 8 at least once.

It was great fun, but in the second 15 minutes my arms were killing me! I still managed to get a better lap time somehow, but for about an hour afterwards my arms felt like steel! :)

I got to wear my shiny new motorbike helmet as well for the first time, so felt well professional! (starting my bike course Saturday)

Hi everyone.ive had a call from the track. it seems that due to the amount of teams we’ve got they need the balance of the £130 paid to them before the night. I realise this mucks you all about a bit as I had said it wouldn’t need paying til the night so im sorry for any inconvenience.

If possible could you organise for the balance to be paid ASAP then mail me to let me know. Also MAKE SURE you give them your names so they know which teams have fully payed.cheers guys and my apologies again

Steve

What are we going to do about this guys, DB since you have their details have alreday paid do you want to pay the remainder for me and I can drop the money round/send a cheque or something?

This is unusual of the Go-Karting place, I have been to the Eastleigh one on several occassions and we have not had to pay the money until the night?:conf:

I can pay if its a problem.

yer it is anoying.i worked there for 5 years until about two years ago and it used to be fine to pay rest on the night.speaking to tom about (he runs the gosport track) its cos they are cracking down a bit due to teams not turning up etc.

the main person ive been dealing with is a girl called natalie on 0870 6000601, so if you guys want to have a chat to her she may still let you pay on the night but its unlikely.

again sorry about this.

steve

I have spoken to Natalie and she will accept taking a credit card number to use if we decide not to turn up. That way they are covered.

I have arranged to give her my card number and we can still all pay on the night as planned.

Brain - Can you tell me what our team name/booking reference or anything is to make sure I am paying for the right team.

All of the other teams can do this as opposed to forking the money out.:)

Noooooo! I've been booked on a working holiday to Spain - Which is good because I get to be in the sun all day, but bad because I'm going to miss the Karting.

I'm going from 3rd to 10th which is a bummer, as I was really looking forward to this.

Bournemouth Massif

SimonB

Dangerous Brain

The Real Brain ie mrs dangerous

Tim

Steve W2

What do you guys want to do? I can try and get someone to take my place - I think Millhouse said he wanted to go. Or you could go as a team of 5 (little bit more cash, but more racing time!)

I haven't paid my deposit yet (was going to pay on the night) but if no-one wants to take my place, or you guys / girl want 6 on the team for definite then I'm sure I'll be able to find a mate from round here to go.

I'll be back on the 10th in time for the Bournemouth meet on the 12th so feel free to abuse me then! :)