The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tuning the n/a

Tom

Right heres some info from http://www.mvpmotorsports.com

Powerhouseracing electric Fan Conversion

These fans can/should be wired up to operate at all times your engine is running. They work on both autos & standards. Stay away from the thermostat-controlled electric fans, these stay on all the time providing the ultimate cooling possible. PHR is the original electric fan source for the Supra. Since 1996, they have used dual Flex Lite fans to cool the radiator while increasing much needed engine bay space and reducing rotating weight by 10 pounds. A must for hot environments, tested in Texas heat for 5 years without problems. Works without problem for those of you with a front mount intercooler. Used and recommended by the CEO of MVP Motorsports, Inc. (and he has the largest front mount you can get - the Greddy 4-row).

phr_fans.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for amusing me for the last 20 mins - I've only just clicked into this thread and realise I've missed all the fun :)

I suspect the NA has heaps of potential if you have the ability to make it flow air and optimise the fuelling more efficiently, it's a shame the UniChip isn't compatible as that gives some impressive gains on other Toyota NA's.

Good luck with the tuning anyway!

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Right heres some info from http://www.mvpmotorsports.com

Powerhouseracing electric Fan Conversion

These fans can/should be wired up to operate at all times your engine is running. They work on both autos & standards. Stay away from the thermostat-controlled electric fans, these stay on all the time providing the ultimate cooling possible. PHR is the original electric fan source for the Supra. Since 1996, they have used dual Flex Lite fans to cool the radiator while increasing much needed engine bay space and reducing rotating weight by 10 pounds. A must for hot environments, tested in Texas heat for 5 years without problems. Works without problem for those of you with a front mount intercooler. Used and recommended by the CEO of MVP Motorsports, Inc. (and he has the largest front mount you can get - the Greddy 4-row).

How much air do they pull through the radiator. Cubic Feet/Min (CFM)

I never said electric fans are the way to go.

What I said was the absolute truth, quoting an advert won't change that. Search SF if you want to hear about all the problems they have caused. NOT a worthwhile mod. Also, there is more to it than simply plugging them in, the electrical problems are due to the load they pull.

BTW, it is viscous, put your finger in and it will stop.

Also, it only weighs 6.5lbs IIRC, so how can you save 10lbs? :confused:

Originally posted by Syed Shah

I

Also, it only weighs 6.5lbs IIRC, so how can you save 10lbs? :confused:

cos the outside of the fan weighs more when it's spinning round.

maybe

I bet you all have to think about that before you dismiss it, I did and I just made it up.

• 10 months later...

U will be very lucky to produce 220-240rwhp without going turbo or even itbs. xdreamer from supraforums has got 225rwhp and the guy has done most possible bolt-ons inc secret mods such as egr mods,fuel mods and coolant bypass mod. To be honest i think all these so called chips are crap. U mite as well get an safc and dyno tune ur car. If you wana learn more about NA supras, then the best place is supraforums. The majority of them have gone turbo because bolt-ons are just so expensive and u dont get that much of a gain.

Have a look at this page. its a basic guide to modding ur na

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148908