The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power single kit arrived today *Pics*

Homer

thats was not a attack at boostlogic terry hell every company supplys something at some pount that aint 100% perfect thats the way it goes my supplier in the states offered to replace it foc but was the time scale i wanted my car back on the road

to be honest i was told they were by a trader so not sure they were but they were top feed low imp (reqd resistor pack)is that right

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest i was told they were by a trader so not sure they were but they were top feed low imp (reqd resistor pack)is that right

OK Wayne it's the size that threw me mate, they don't AFAIK sell 650cc's.

The effort its taking me to resist buying the kit is outstanding :D

Must.....buy......tyres.......first

lol in the same boat, would love to go for this but have other things to sort first, it's a serious idea for next year though, hence I wait with eager interest to see how it turns out

Just a quick update for those that are interested:

The oil feed line was 1m long so was unusable, the return was a rubber hose (!) so again unusable. A BL kit will be used instead. The oil feed and oil return flanges are correct sizes so could be used if required.

The down pipe flange for the stock O2 sensor is incorrect so needs cutting off and a correct one fitting (thanks Chris Wilson ;) )

The exhaust manifold gaskets were pretty poor quality so will use Toyota ones instead.

IACV filter is required as is several pipes for the breather system. The air filter pipe has too many connections so a couple will need welding up.

I've gone for a BL T67 dbb (Thanks Terry S for the amazing price!) so will need to make up a water feed. Due to the XS power manifold there is a clearance issue with the coolant elbow so will need to make something up here for the water feed.

Other than that the rest of the kit appears to be great, most of what isn't used will be up in the for sale section shortly. IC is already gone.

Next step - air filter to purchase, then the install :) Will make a seperate thread for that if there's any interest in it.

Edited to add - huge thanks to LeeT for the help and advice, top chap!

Forgot to add - it looks like the XS power manifold has changed to some degree in the last year or two. LeeT had one from a year or two ago but he found the finish on the internal welding much better than the one he had from a while ago. There is also an extra two support bars. In fact it looks like no work is needed on the manifold. Even his ITS T72 and Precision 71 fitted without fauling the support bars, so the T67 *should* be okay.