The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GreenLight Insurance

Ric

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried filling in the Greenlight form for a quotation, great says they'll contact me. I put my best quote down as £700 then just get an e-mail saying we estimate £699 but ring us. FFS.

Hi Thorin,

Our online application doesnt actually ask a target premium (never has), so any premium similarity would be a total coincidence.

Hopefully we can organise a mkivsupra scheme for all members, which will involve a members concession from our standard rating for these vehicles, but as a goodwill gesture in the meantime I have allowed the concession that you would receive under the scheme and re-emailed your revised quotation to you.

Kind regards

Tony

Ahh yes that one sent on the 12th June. Right at the bottom. With a different username. :rolleyes:

The last contact made (ie. 12th June) was by using the "contact us" facility at the bottom of all pages.

When a reply was not forthcoming we registered for the purpose of attempting to contact the forum heirarchy - presumably this caused the discrepancy in usernames.

Kind regards

Tony

Tony

Interesting thread. One query, why don't you insure women with performance cars? I am a proud owner of a Jspec NA supra and would be interested to hear your reasons excuse :tongue:

Linda

Hi Linda,

We do cover women upon performance cars, but our historic claims experience of female drivers upon high performance vehicles is that for every £1 we receive in premium we currently pay out £3.62.

There are plenty of Underwriters who target female drivers (ie. Sheila's wheels, Lady Diamond) that are total advocates for lady drivers and their stats reflect a different story to ours.

Unlike Greenlight, the difference seems to be that Diamond & co do not target high performance or modified vehicles.

Some Insurers reduce premiums where female drivers are named/added to male driver policies, but this isnt a practice that we follow - we prefer to add drivers upon their merit.

In our experience lady drivers are a minority when it comes to high performance & modified cars, thus the £3.62 for every £1 doesnt hurt the Underwriter too much.

Seriously though, no offense is meant it's just rate wise, we do not allow concessions for lady drivers and generally rate in a similar way to male drivers providing driving experience is good.

Kind regards

Tony

:rolleyes: I don't need patronising and/or expect concessions because I'm a 'lady', I just need good insurance on an import performance car. If you've been aiming at the female equivalent of chavs with their souped up saxo's and novas up until now, then I'm not surprised you've had so many claims. Bearing in mind that the largest number of accidents are caused by young males under the age of 25, not women of an equivalent age, I find your comments curious to say the least.

So how do you quantify 'good' driving? Do you need a reference in order to insure a woman driver??? a written/practical test maybe?? :search:

The attitude and driving of a woman in a Supra/skyline/MR2 turbo etc I am sure is very different to Sheila in her Saxo VTR, innit? :cool: I am sure these other girls will agree with me:

http://www.japgirls.co.uk/index.php

Its a growing market which you probably wont of touched on if you've only just started to look at imports. Somehow I think I'll be stopping with our club insurers when it comes time to renew.

Linda

:rolleyes: I don't need patronising and/or expect concessions because I'm a 'lady', I just need good insurance on an import performance car. If you've been aiming at the female equivalent of chavs with their souped up saxo's and novas up until now, then I'm not surprised you've had so many claims. Bearing in mind that the largest number of accidents are caused by young males under the age of 25, not women of an equivalent age, I find your comments curious to say the least.

So how do you quantify 'good' driving? Do you need a reference in order to insure a woman driver??? a written/practical test maybe?? :search:

The attitude and driving of a woman in a Supra/skyline/MR2 turbo etc I am sure is very different to Sheila in her Saxo VTR, innit? :cool: I am sure these other girls will agree with me:

Its a growing market which you probably wont of touched on if you've only just started to look at imports. Somehow I think I'll be stopping with our club insurers when it comes time to renew.

Linda

horse..high..off....it's about time women knew what it was like to get shafted over insurance based on the dangly bits (or lack of) between the legs.

I would imagine IAM or similar would show a certain level of aptitude?

Good on you greenlight

horse..high..off....it's about time women knew what it was like to get shafted over insurance based on the dangly bits (or lack of) between the legs.

I would imagine IAM or similar would show a certain level of aptitude?

Good on you greenlight

Oh, really? well, bud, try walking into any garage as a woman and see how quickly you'd be shafted over the simplest of things then tell me that I don't know what its like.

L

Oh, really? well, bud, try walking into any garage as a woman and see how quickly you'd be shafted over the simplest of things then tell me that I don't know what its like.

L

I refer the right honourable lady to the first three words of my previous statement mi'lud

xxx

EDIT - Stupidity and/or lack of knowledge is a little different to having NO control over what you are charged isn't it? /rational

I refer the right honourable lady to the first three words of my previous statement mi'lud

xxx

EDIT - Stupidity and/or lack of knowledge is a little different to having NO control over what you are charged isn't it? /rational

I know your a screwed up woman hater :p but this forum is about expressing an opinion. Mine is expressed and will not be retracted. Especially not for you. What you believe is of no interest to me anyway going on the basis of your previous contributions, you've never been on my respect list, so go back into your cave and go beat yourself with your club :p:twak:

L

I know your a screwed up woman hater :p but this forum is about expressing an opinion. Mine is expressed and will not be retracted. Especially not for you. What you believe is of no interest to me anyway going on the basis of your previous contributions, you've never been on my respect list, so go back into your cave and go beat yourself with your club :p:twak:

L

Sorry, you are who?

a) I don't hate women in the slightest, the majority of my friends are female

b) I haven't asked you to retract your opinion nor berated you because of it

c) I haven't expressed my beliefs, only an opinion.

d) What interests you is not my concern

e) Your respect or otherwise is of little consequence to me

I say again....who are you?

good night x

Linda,

In response to your post, we have never sought to aim at problematic elements of the community (male or female) and as a matter of fact Saxo's are excluded under our performance schemes.

Our stance is to cover performance cars (modified or standard) it's all we do and have done since our launch back in early 1996.

Underwriting wise, there is no male vs female bias - both sexes began by being rated upon an equal/level basis and our rating has evolved to reflect our live claims experience.

Thus the main performance/modified car schemes we use do not reflect a driver discount based upon sex that is commonplace under other providers.

No additional test (written or otherwise) is required, simply a decent driving history (ie. no series of incidents where driving at fault) along with driving experience of a performance car.

The post was not intended to be sexist and if that is how it came across I apologise, as there was no offense intended.

I was simply attempting to put across our stance, namely that we rate all risks upon merit according to our historic claims experience.

Kind regards

Tony

Linda

WARNING. WARNING.

Ive now changed car and they would not cover me on the car ive bought (Supra) so i was forced to move insurers and cancel my policy.

Ok not a problem. One would think that if im no longer reciving their services i wouldnt be paying anything extra.

Ric.

Hi Ric,

After your kindly providing further information, I've managed to use this to negotiate an enhanced refund with the Underwriter concerned.

You'll find full details within a PM, but it is good news.

A point that I wish to reiterate is that we are here to help, it was just by chance that I found Ric's post which led to my intervention and if anyone covered with us is experiencing problems simply contact our office.

Although you get the same result in the end it's far quicker to contact us immediately rather than post upon forums that we have no connection with.

Dont suffer in silence - this happened nearly a year ago (in the days before we had our latest import scheme).

Kind regards

Tony

• 2 weeks later...