The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uprated Radiator - Any recommendations?

Sheefa

Yep, Chris Wilson said the stock one is fantastic so will look at that too. If it's £300 for a stock and the performance is the same as aftermarket, or better, then obviously I'll go down that route.

As for the vicious fan, my one is as rusty and corroded as hell, so a Spal upgrade may be worthwhile early spring or now for ease of fitment with Rad etc.

Thanks anyway guys - please keep me posted on any group buys for this is special prices.

Cheers,

Greg ;)

I think it's possible to get a re-conditioned one from Toyota. It was certainly possible to do this with my Celica. I don't know if the £300 mark that was mentioned was for such an item, but it may be worth giving Steve Manley a call to find out if it works out much cheaper.

I've also heard on this forum and I think Supraforums that the stock viscous fan is actually more capable of shifting air than the spal fans. I can't confirm this, but if I don't think I would replace it just because it looked a bit tatty.

I think it's possible to get a re-conditioned one from Toyota. It was certainly possible to do this with my Celica. I don't know if the £300 mark that was mentioned was for such an item, but it may be worth giving Steve Manley a call to find out if it works out much cheaper.

I've also heard on this forum and I think Supraforums that the stock viscous fan is actually more capable of shifting air than the spal fans. I can't confirm this, but if I don't think I would replace it just because it looked a bit tatty.

im not sure you can mate, I remember chris Wilson saying they are almost impossible to re-core!! and your right about the stock fan, Toyota people are clever guys......the stock fan is more than capable, although it never hurts to invest in more cooling

Ok guys. Well if I'm gonna replace the rad with a stock or AFM one then I'll replace the fan too for obvious reasons. In fact, I don't even know if it works anymore.

Can I get a new Viscious fan elsewhere or again is Steve the 'made man'? I only ask as he's nigh impossible to get hold of!

Cheers. ;)