The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greddy t88-38GK??

Guest tore tt

i used to have a sp71gts until it went pop after 1200miles , sent it back to precision , they would not do anywork under warrenty... told me that it over heated .....i only ran 21 psi !!!! ...so i got it rebuilt to a sp71gts with a water jacket and oil jacket , was informed by one of the engineers there that the dbb is a waste of time unless iam pushing over 28 psi ...

the turbo used to get full boost at 4300rpm , but since i put my greddy manifold on, i get full spool now at 4800rpm ...but gained an extra 40bhp on the same boost . it wasnt worth it ..

i have a gt40-88 and a hks T04r now so will be trying this with the new setup that i have . I have used a T88 before - loads of power, kicks hard but the spool is not that great, T78 spools better with its 66.7m rather then 71m (T88) , pulls hard top end. The greddy units are well built , iam not impressed with the precision unit at all .

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the skyline HKS T04Z graph before the new intercooler was fitted, shows a good power curve i would say! :sly:

I to am not running other turbos down, christ i think the T51 is an awesome turbo but you cant use it every day as it spools so late

Thanks - do you have a bigger version though?? As I'm struggling to read the numbers.

Also do you have the AFR/Boost pressure readouts too?

Thanks

MKIRBY, I've posted them before...look in Ian C and SupraGold's garage's T67 non dbb and T04Z on a Supra...2 dyno sheets.

okey what kind of Greddy turbos do you guys prefer?? i will not have lot of lag but i want ca 700-750 hp..pleas help me:imnew:

go for a t78 fella good turbo, old but will spool pretty well and produce good numbers you can hit 800 certainly with one :)

It is indeed old, and there are much better turbo's out there these days. Saying that T78's can be picked up dirt cheap these days.

I agree but the way he worded that question it sounded as though he has to get a greddy turbo :D i can think of two that i'd pick over the t78.

I agree but the way he worded that question it sounded as though he has to get a greddy turbo :D i can think of two that i'd pick over the t78.

HKS T04R HKS T04Z :D

Another point is that he may want to think about internals, fueling, brakes etc when going for 800 horses, with this kind of BHP the turbo is just a fraction of the spend, i spent £20,000 in one bill for the skyline and there is still stuff to do :blink: