The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greddy t88-38GK??

Guest tore tt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go for a garrett gt42r jamie it is bigger and you'll be looking at spool from 5200+ish but man you'll make some good power :eyebrows:

The GK in the title of the t88 38 gk stands for greddy king by the way thats my useless information for the day :D i done a bit of research on one of these before i pip for my turbo, rare turbo and hard to find version of a t88 38

capable of flowing 1050 BHP

Type GK spec: Revised recirculation ports, using 100mm inlet.

The lag between the T88H-34D and T88H-38GK is only ~100 rpm on the same test engine :eyebrows:

it's been out for about 2-3years now and alot of guys in japan are using them but there f-ing expensive

okey thanks guys:)

but when does the t88-38gk start at spool??and when do i have full boost???

can i use stock cams?

mvh tore

norway[GRIN][/GRIN]

okey thanks guys:)

but when does the t88-38gk start at spool??and when do i have full boost???

can i use stock cams?

mvh tore

norway[GRIN][/GRIN]

you'll be looking at spool from 5200+ish but man you'll make some good power

The GK in the title of the t88 38 gk stands for greddy king by the way thats my useless information for the day i done a bit of research on one of these before i pipped for my turbo, rare turbo and hard to find version of a t88 38

capable of flowing 1050 BHP

Type GK spec: Revised recirculation ports, using 100mm inlet.

The lag between the T88H-34D and T88H-38GK is only ~100 rpm on the same test engine

it's been out for about 2-3years now and alot of guys in japan are using them but there f-ing expensive

found out spool on 2jz will be from 5500

no reason why you can't use stock cams, infact higher duration cam and more lairer cams will add to later spool, but if you want more power at torque at a certain level you really need better more agressive cams

just been looking and from what i have read the T67 is a T04R turbo which is the older version of the T04Z which is the roller bearing version hence why it spool quicker

Mike

I've not seen a Dyno where the T04Z does better at spooling or power production compared the T67.

OK :Pling:

Well the T04Z will support 700 RWHP and spool from 3500 revs so why would that be too small?? theres a few cars in the UK running 9's with this turbo so hardly too small ;) and with regards to price?? well you get what you pay for whether its expensive or not i dont have an opinion on the price.

It seems to me on this site people are soooooooooooooooooo protective over the turbos and tuners they have used but its not just protective!! i have seen people including yourself alex just completely rip other peoples stuff to pieces which is fine if one thing.....do you have your own experience with the product?? if not they dont comment!!

Mike

I had a T88 in my Skyline and the lag drove me mad!, it was running 700bhp with that so I changed to the HKS T04Z and it is a fantastic turbo which spools up from 3300rpm or so and gave me 745BHP

engine_large.jpg

I've not seen a Dyno where the T04Z does better at spooling or power production compared the T67.

I suggest you read whats just been posted by some who has experience with the turbo!!

As i say i have not seen a T67 in action and if it is based on the t04r then its a great turbo but the Z is the newer version with the duel BB cartridge so its going to spool faster!! trust me i'm not making this up lol

Mike

I had a T88 in my Skyline and the lag drove me mad!, it was running 700bhp with that so I changed to the HKS T04Z and it is a fantastic turbo which spools up from 3300rpm or so and gave me 745BHP

Very nice ;) a friend of mine is running this setup with a TS 2.8 and a OS 6 speed seq box and it now runs NOS and trust me its mental on the road :D

Mike

Yes it is a fantastic turbo with superb power delivery yet still most importantly drivable, my supra has the HKS T04R and is also a great drive

Ahh now this is interesting as the to4r is the T67 turbo so you have experienced both of them :) so which one spools quicker and makes more power???:)

Ahh now this is interesting as the to4r is the T67 turbo so you have experienced both of them :) so which one spools quicker and makes more power???:)

The HKS T04Z is the better turbo and makes more power but this is of course the newer turbo and TDI who fitted it tell me it is one of the best and quickest spooling turbos you can buy, In the skyline the T04Z is very very quick and delivers the power early and made the T88 feel very outdated, in the supra the T04R linked to an auto box (running 600BHP) is more than enough, if I had to do it all again i would fit a T04Z to the supra, if i raced the cars a T88 or T51 would be an option as you get big BHP but as I drive my car every day it needs to spool early

Show me dyno sheets and facts.

????????????????

no you show me dyno sheets and facts!! i'm not the one saying its crap or this is better than that i'm simply stating from experience as is someone else who has used both turbos and for a turbo which is making 745 BHP to start spooling at 3300 revs is pretty good, alot depends on his spec but my mates is making about half a bar by 3500 revs and full boost by about 4200-4500 i didnt really get chance to tell exactly :D

dont get me wrong i'm not having a go or "dissing" any other turbos ;)

Mike

At what point in the rev range do you hit full boost with your T04Z, tooquicktostop? And what is full boost?

By saying your spooling from 3300 sounds like it does nothing till then (which isn't that early to start to work.)

The spooling starts at atound 2300 and from 3300 to full boost is very quick indeed, the Skyline runs 1.1bar low boost and 1.7 High

????????????????

no you show me dyno sheets and facts!! i'm not the one saying its crap or this is better than that i'm simply stating from experience as is someone else who has used both turbos and for a turbo which is making 745 BHP to start spooling at 3300 revs is pretty good, alot depends on his spec but my mates is making a bood half a bar by 3500 revs and full boost by about 4200-4500 i didnt really get chance to tell exactly :D

dont get me wrong i'm not having a go or "dissing" any other turbos ;)

Mike

This is the skyline HKS T04Z graph before the new intercooler was fitted, shows a good power curve i would say! :sly:

I to am not running other turbos down, christ i think the T51 is an awesome turbo but you cant use it every day as it spools so late

c3_12.jpg

i'm hoping my garratt gt4088-with special anti surge ported compressor house and on exhaust side will produce similar figs and spool as the t04z it's such a great turbo, very nice dyno and nice figs there :) i'll be very happy if it's anything like that it was one of my choices of turbo :) :cool: