The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all! Lookin 4 a N/A Supra to buy within the next few weeks any info would be gr8!!

AntzRowe

Lol,

I love it when you answer each statment like that Jake,

Good, I'm glad somebody appreciates it. It's not for my benefit but I think it makes it easier to read and understand. I hate reading a reply when I can't figure out what point the person is addressing.

I'm not sure what the LOL was for :shrug:

Oil, if you change it yourself then it's going to be cheaper but most don't,
I have mine done a KwikFit. £40 for Mobil1 0w40 fully synth :thumbs:

yes n/a's have stem seals, I've never read of a failure on an n/a only TT's
Do turbo engines wear out stem seals more than NAs? (Genuine question btw, I really don't know- seems unlikely to me though)

Modding the TT, I said that because with the TT you know that you can tune the car more, and people do, and once you go bpu I find you run into more problems, afr's not quite right, having to buy piggy back ecu's having the car dynoed,mapping costs, boost controllers etc
Yeah Tom, I knew what you meant but you could argue the other way (so I did! :D)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, I'm glad somebody appreciates it. It's not for my benefit but I think it makes it easier to read and understand. I hate reading a reply when I can't figure out what point the person is addressing.

I'm not sure what the LOL was for :shrug:

I have mine done a KwikFit. £40 for Mobil1 0w40 fully synth :thumbs:

Do turbo engines wear out stem seals more than NAs? (Genuine question btw, I really don't know- seems unlikely to me though)

Yeah Tom, I knew what you meant but you could argue the other way (so I did! :D)

pmsl,

the 'lol' was for each time you do the whole quote thing it feels like your being prosectuted in a court room :p

Stem seals, tbh I don't know! but I just know that it was one of the major things to check when buying a TT, I guess it should probably be checked on both, it just seems it was geared more towards the TT?

It seems to me that the TT boys seem to spend all their time in the garage rather than on the road, you know, on the road for a week then off the road for 3 months to get new turbos or bigger turbos or mapping or whatever. Whereas the NA boys spend all their time on the road enjoying the Supe :)

YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE MY FRIEND:)

It seems to me that the TT boys seem to spend all their time in the garage rather than on the road, you know, on the road for a week then off the road for 3 months to get new turbos or bigger turbos or mapping or whatever. Whereas the NA boys spend all their time on the road enjoying the Supe :)

Without putting too fine a point on it, that is bollocks. Yes you can cite induviduals who are looking for more power but one week on and 3 months off? I dont think so.

All I see is the NA people trying to convince themselves and others that the "poor mans vesion" is a worthwhile purchase. At the end of the day what makes the Supra a great car is the performance and the NA has not got that.

Without putting too fine a point on it, that is bollocks. Yes you can cite induviduals who are looking for more power but one week on and 3 months off? I dont think so.

All I see is the NA people trying to convince themselves and others that the "poor mans vesion" is a worthwhile purchase. At the end of the day what makes the Supra a great car is the performance and the NA has not got that.

You're putting me off that N/A. :(

CJ I was generalising the point, and I don't think its bollocks. It is in my opinion a fair example to cite. And as for the TT is better than an NA dont bother, this is a Supra forum not a Supra TT or Supra NA forum.:p

the 'lol' was for each time you do the whole quote thing it feels like your being prosectuted in a court room :p
I put it to you, Mr Raper, that you are willfully and deliberatly avoiding defence of your forced induction brothers in order to garner cheap and shoddy support from the suction addicted underclass of Supra owners. Shame on you sir.

The prosecution rests m'lud

YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THERE MY FRIEND:)
:taped:

Well i've had two turbos and three non turbos so feel qualified to comment.

Neither of my turbo's (stock) were off the road for any appreciable time. One sprung a oil leak, but i still drove it to JPS to be fixed.

The NA's have been more reliable i spose but really all the sup's i had have been reliable, i've never been stranded by the roadside in all these years.

Ok so while i will go with CJ that TT's are reliable, i would definitely disagree with the fact that a NA is not a worthwhile purchase. They are great cars, second fiddle to a TT? of course but great fun is to be had with one. At the end of the day what makes a supra a great car to CJ and Jake is the power.......thats fine by me........but it doesn't mean a NA is not a worthwhile purchase to someone else who's priorities (including cost) are different.

I put it to you, Mr Raper, that you are willfully and deliberatly avoiding defence of your forced induction brothers in order to garner cheap and shoddy support from the suction addicted underclass of Supra owners. Shame on you sir.

The prosecution rests m'lud

:

ROFL!:p

Without trying to make it sound worse, but the 'raper' bit takes me back to being on the playground as a kid,lol, it was homas raper then though as someone decided to rub out the first letter of my full name on all my books!haha