The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Straw Poll: Driver Training Days

Ark

Are you up for a Driver Training Day?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for a Driver Training Day?

• Yes, Definitely
    • Yes, Maybe
    • No, I just wanted to vote

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd need enough to pay for it, and four just doesn't cut it. I'm not a business, and I can't take the chance of not filling all the spaces.

Payment needs to be in 2 weeks before the event, so we either book way in advance, or everyone needs to be snappy about aranging themselves.

As I said, there will be more dates, probably in conjunction with other clubs.

The event host has just called me to say the day can still be run at this length notice, so is anyone still interested??

Same details, same price: Monday 9th October, £120 per person. I'm not going to handle money transfers at this time scale, so it'll be up to you to pay up directly.

Here's the big sale point: the day may currently go ahead with as few as 6 people, so that's twice the instruction time per person! Bargain!

i've said yes and would be interested. I just need to get my boss to approve the time off on monday.

Good man! Well worth it.

As previously mentioned, I WILL NOT be handling payments at this short notice. Each participant much therefore contact the host to pay up. See details below, which I will also be PM'ing to each person.

The host for the day is Ben Elliott Racing (http://www.benelliottracing.com). Please contact Katie Croucher at Ben Elliott Racing to arrange payment - she is both adminstrator and an ARDS instructor, so may well be racing when you call! Don't give up, she will respond to voicemails ASAP.

She will be in the office (01243 670467) on Monday and Tuesday, or on the mobile on Friday (PM's heading towards those who registered their interest)

If people would prefer to pay by cheque please make payable to Ben Elliott Racing Ltd and post to Sekots, Sussex Grove, East Drive, Bracklesham Bay, Chichester, West Sussex PO20 8JT.

I have attached the timetable and directions. You will notice that we have taken out the hairpin activity and added a chicane to make the most of the Supra-style. Should we get anymore participants prior to the 9th Oct then the timetable will slightly change as we will have to split into 2 groups.

Please everyone: bring your own drinks, other meats/vegetarian foods and snacks. We will provide burgers, sausages, rolls, sauces and salads in the price. Make sure you have suitable clothing, as the airfield is exposed to the wind. No helmets required, but feel free to wear one if it makes you happy.

ford directions.doc

Timetable 9th Oct Ford.doc

Gutted, would love to come on this but cant do weekdays :(

Pull a sickie - this is far more important!

Seriously though, I forgot to say officially:

This day is definitely a going ahead now. In combination with some members of the Lotus drivers club, we have enough numbers. However, at time of writing there are four spare places until we hit the maximum, so it's not too late for some of you get on the list.

thats me paid:)

Good man!

Anymore spaces free as I am only two miles down the road from this:cool:

I spoke with Katie at Ben Elliott Racing again today. At the time, we still have four spaces available. Currently there are (paid):

3 Lotuses

3 Supras + 1 not paid yet

1 Scooby

So there's still space for a few more. Let me know if you're definitely on, and I'll pass you the payment details.

have checked with the boss and I'm not allowed the time off .. soz i really wanted to come to this.

Never mind mate. Since the day is finally filling up, it means we have more chance of having another crack at this...and after my chat with Katie earlier, it seems we may be able to work out a weekend date. Lets get this one under our belts first though, then start seeing what we can do.