The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrote off Supra this morning

Andy Supra

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accident was on the A45 to Northampton/Wellingborough big roundabout with the McDonalds on the other side.

Dude there who works for highway said sign comes down around 4 times a month as road gets spills on and the trees stop any light drying road out when greasy not that it makes me feel any better, I took pictures of lots of number plates against the same sign was fair few 06 plates, and 54's seemed quite common to.

As for stripping i've had around 25+ PM's so apologise for not replying yet.

Ideally i'd like to shift whole car (have 5 enquires but maybe i'm asking to much? PM'd same price to all though) but if I can't i'll be stripping in about 2 weeks time.

I'll then photograph everything for sale for your viewing pleasure with detailed prices (as i've no idea what most stuff goes for at moment so need to look into it)

I'll keep in order those on first come first serve if still interested in 2 weeks time however if person 1 is offering x amount and person 2 is offering twice as much please understand my logic of getting highest amount as want to recover as much £££ as possible.

As for transport now i'm buying a X Reg 1.2 Fiat Punto, getting £2000 back on insurance for switching to that and i'm spending £120 a week on fuel to work and back (80 miles a day/400 miles) and this should now be around £50 tops so £70 a week saved between now and April = around 32 weeks = £2240, will sell Punto and get another Supra in April time.

So basic theory on outgoings and income is...

£2200 saved on fuel between now and April

£2000 back off insurance

£2500 min recovered from Supra

£1500 selling Punto in April

=£8200

£1800 on Punto (X Reg, 1.2 40000 miles FSH)

£1000 for sign if council screw me

=£2800

Leaves £5400 profit + money i'll save between now and April anyway towards new car which will be £200 a month minimum... so...

April time hopefully will find nice Supra for £7000 and i'll still have 2 years no claims in tact...

Just got to look on bright side really, was about to buy and fit Do-Luck front bumper and get a FMIC and buy a new exhaust as well, glad I decided to hold out bit longer.

Sucks being 23 as i'd love to take my money i've saved for house deposit and sort out another Supra now or fix this up but i've got to be realistic and house takes priority, just thinking March is work bonus time so really I should have nearer £10k for a Supra.

Bloody hell the car I bought as a breaker that collided with a lampost at 90 mph (thats hit the lampost not went out of control at 90) had very much the same damage as that. I don't think that even skyjawa's supe incurred that much damage when he trolleyed it into a 3 foot square concrete block exiting a roundabout.Thats very unfortunate to cause that sort of damage at 20 mph. If you could let me know where exactly this post is so should my NA not sell i'll pay it a visit and can afford to do so without a helmet at 20 MPH and not hurt myself :D

I would fight it mate..

If there was oil on the road then i would hold the council reponsable for not keeping their roads safe/clean.

Class One had the answer, and I recall some High Court ruling along the lines of "One takes the road as one finds it." That was with regard to accident blackspots, as in if the council/highways do nothing to rectify a known blackspot, you can't claim if you crash there.

ouch, gutted for you!

i front ended mine about 40-50mph into central reservation barrier n the damage wasnt even close to as bad. mine wasnt a head on though i guess...

didnt see rltc on the list of for sale parts...

i'd reccomend it if you get another supe. it may well have helped prevent this depending on size of oiley patch.