The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray results - Very Very Happy!

Sheefa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suprastar, yeah started off about 10 mins behind mate. Happened at about 12pm. Gutted pal. Alloys are the main problem as I think i've wrecked one of them completely so unless Ibrar can get one of the same - looking at a new set!

Also, I bent the intercooler, it's moved back at an angle but the fins are fine and it seems ok. The pipes have crunched but again it's only the seals that have split so they should be fine. Need one of these, any ideas where I can get one from?

Bodywork seems fine. Bumper damage is minor and it clipped back into place nicely. A very lucky man some might say. Thanks guys. ;)

Pretty Clean Engine Bay2.JPG

Still very warey of my RLTC after yours. that road was exceptionally slippery though!

You got an Estimate completion date yet?

They're pissing me off now to be honest. They now reckon the 2nd week in september which is the 15th but its not even in primer yet so i'm not holding my breath. Now after having all the parts for a good 10 weeks they say the exhaust i have will not work with the rear bumper. Its just doing my head in now and i wish they had just wrote it off

sounds like there may have been something on the road?

I think it was a tighter corner than expected and following a nutter in a Cosworth engined Sierra who's used to travelling sideways.

I wouldn't fret about the intercooler being replaced just yet - it has a few fins bent but should be ok I'd have thought.

I bet once the front bumper is off the brackets can be straigtened up quite well. Have a word with Jezzybabes for cheap second user parts.

Good job it didn't go into your rad - that wouldn't have been nice!

I'm just so glad the body work was unscathed.