The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BP Ultimate 102 & Shell V-power

RICHARDA

I would say V is targeted for general everyday use, where as 102 is aimed at the track user. That’s the conversation i was having with the BP people at Goodwood anyway, hence the price diff' and the splurge lists all the race tracks near the filling stations that sell the stuff.

I'll use V all the time unless going on track/time trial.

I'd compare V with Ultimate as do BP (one of the BP guys said on the quiet he'd probably use V over Ultimate anyway)

No real answer.

They had 2 stands, 1 pushing Ultimate and 1 pushing 102.

A tech’ guy in the Ultimate stand would stand by Ultimate even though it has less RON’s, it has an anti-friction agent which he thought Shell didn’t (I now see it does BTW)

Also seemed to imply they use Scoobies for a lot of their testing.

One guy of the several Sales people on the 102 stand just said he’d use Shell. The others wouldn’t comment. Couldn’t get a definitive reason why other than the higher RON’s and being used in a JAP import where the RON's are higher.

But 102 is the next one up still.

..Will a stock ECU be able to tune itself for a 102RON fuel, cause arent they tuned for 100 MAX?

The stock ECU is happy with 105+ RON, apparently it hunts aggressively for max ignition advance. Nice.:D

I'm not sure if the JSpec behaves the same as UKSpec/USSpec but I remember a conversation I had with the Dude and his JSpec kept going better until he reached halfway between SUL and Race fuel.

So yep, it's worth a go.;)

Obiously the gains will be limited if you run stock boost, you need to get into silly-number-land for maximum effect (not forgetting the additional intercooling needs)

Would be nice to get rolling road readings from standard unleaded, 99 ron tescos, optimax and then v-power. If any one is bored... :)

Top Gear (I think) did a test using Optimax, Tesco and Ultima. On a basic car performance gain was negligible. On a performance car (think it was the new EVO) Optimax gave the best increase...think it was something like 30%!!! Now on a sup...:D

I also think it was done in another Jap mag as well with again optimax coming out on top, ultimat second and tesco third, might have been banzai.

My mapper has also tested optimax and ultimate on the same scooby and found they could run more ignition advance with optimax which gave more power.

Yes it was Banzai.

Ripped the attachments from the previous thread.

Cant be arsed to search for the post, but yes Optimax came out best on the Bench test with a modded cossie engine.

Probably about the best test/comparsion so far.

100_1560_red_red.JPG

100_1563_red_red.JPG

Resize%20Wizard-a_red_red.jpg

Resize%20Wizard-b_red_red.jpg