The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just back from viewing Supra!

geoffvalenti

Blimey, was all that less than a year ago :) A definite traumatic period in my life!

I hate buying cars, you seem to meet all of the world's low lifes in such a short period of time :D

Never mind it's all behind me, for now ;) I fancy a kit car ATM, so it could all start again real soon :(

Before you all hang out the flags and celebrate, no, the Supra's not for sale. You're not getting rid of me just yet :) Ridiculous as it seems, I'm still keeping that as the main car, I'm looking for something even more impractical for occasional use :D

Geoff,

you said that the 2nd turbo came in at 4k, but not with a rush. But then you say you want a Supra 'Completely standard inc wheels if poss, but NO other mods whatsoever'.

Don't get me wrong, but if you get one with the completely stock exhaust system with the cats still fitted, I wouldn't expect TOO much of a rush from that 2nd turbo.

Good luck with your search, but remember, if you can buy one at a lower price than the car is worth for its' age and condition, hence saving maybe a grand or two, you can make a great car out of it to your own spec. Even facelifts are up to 8 years old now. Most of them aren't going to be absolutely mint.

I got a standard jap TT facelift last summer and it was 36k miles and beautiful condition. Mind you it did take me 6 months of looking, literally every day. As soon as I saw it I knew it was 'the one' and snapped it up and now I have NO regrets I love it! The only advice can be to put it down to experience and just keep looking. I think Autotrader online was the best source with the widest variety, most dealers put their cars in there as well as private individuals. Good luck be patient it WILL happen!

I got a standard jap TT facelift last summer and it was 36k miles and beautiful condition. Mind you it did take me 6 months of looking, literally every day. As soon as I saw it I knew it was 'the one' and snapped it up and now I have NO regrets I love it! The only advice can be to put it down to experience and just keep looking. I think Autotrader online was the best source with the widest variety, most dealers put their cars in there as well as private individuals. Good luck be patient it WILL happen!

Hello - Earth to Hogmaw...He bought his Supra a year agao. Check the thread dates!!! :stupid: :D

You seriously think someones gonna change, dash, steering, ecu, wheels, brakes, stereo, traction control unit, upholstery, and the endless other engine and interior differences. No.

I am surprised at this. I didnt think there were any differences in dash, steering, wheels, TCU. :stupid:

Does you dash have a washer jet button? or a spacer for one? wheels, a lot of them come with 16's, you know this. and by steering I meant steering wheel.

My J-spec came with 17" wheels. So whats the difference with the TCU and the steering?

Jesus, im not talking about every JDM car, dont you understand what Im getting at? traction control unit is different on UK's than JDM models, as are the steering wheels.

Fuck me Bobbeh - calm down theres a good boy. I was only asking the fucking question seeing as you pointed out the differences. :mad:

Sorry, didnt mean to come over as it may have sounded Col! Hey I'm calm fella - tis Friday and I'm chillin :)

Generally when they list 'full uk conversion' all they're talking about is brakes, wheels and maybe injectors'. Its just a bit inaccurate.

I would be happy a 'full UK conversion' if it had the brakes and imporatnt stuff. Things like the gei boy washers (and any associated buttons) you can all keep.

I don't think people expect to have that with a full UK conversion. As already mentioned I certainly don't.