The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RACELOGIC TC

Phil Wall

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul

I would gladly send settings but would have to connect up my wife’s laptop to do so.

When I finally go t a lap top to talk to the RL  unit,I think my "Standard.dat" file was slightly corrupted, may be because of my many attempts to get the system to work with USB, so they sent me a new one. That did the trick.

The RL tech guys are very helpful, they were very interested in my DIY install on a Supra. I would suggest you log a run and e-mail them the file. They will look at it for you and probably give you the solution you are looking for.

Quote: from Phil Wall on 10:20 am on Oct. 8, 2001[br]Paul

I would gladly send settings but would have to connect up my wife’s laptop to do so.

When I finally go t a lap top to talk to the RL  unit,I think my "Standard.dat" file was slightly corrupted, may be because of my many attempts to get the system to work with USB, so they sent me a new one. That did the trick.

The RL tech guys are very helpful, they were very interested in my DIY install on a Supra. I would suggest you log a run and e-mail them the file. They will look at it for you and probably give you the solution you are looking for.

Spoke to RL tech.

Very helpful.

Suggested that, even though the lights flashed at the right times to indicate good calibration, what I discovered later seems to suggest the TC box lied when it said it was calibrated.

Proposed I calibrate *again* and then try the TC before I do any other changes. I can do that.

Can't make TRACREAD word. Need 100% DOS and I'm running emulator under W2000.

Will be a Windows UI coming out *sometime* but they keep starting and stopping it. I proposed I do it and let them have it for nowt. Surprisingly, they agreed. I'm gonna use newer tools than I currently have to hand (not been a paid applications programmer for a few years now) so I'm just waiting for them to arrive from Grey Matter. Should take me a week or two once I get the tools installed.

Will be a Windows UI coming out *sometime* but they keep starting and stopping it. I proposed I do it and let them have it for nowt. Surprisingly, they agreed. I'm gonna use newer tools than I currently have to hand (not been a paid applications programmer for a few years now) so I'm just waiting for them to arrive from Grey Matter. Should take me a week or two once I get the tools installed.

Wiil that mean I can use my USB port on my laptop?

Quote: from Phil Wall on 11:10 am on Oct. 8, 2001[br]

Nope! That's a hardware issue, not software; the TC doesn't have a USB port and anyway, if it did you'd need USB drivers for it. Too complicated for what you need to achieve.

Remind me again why you only have a USB port. I've never ever seen a PC without a serial port, even if it was on a port extender. What PC is it and *if* it really doesn't have a serial port but *does* have a USB (too weird), where is it's port extender module?

Wiil that mean I can use my USB port on my laptop?

Quote: from Paul Booth on 10:42 am on Oct. 8, 2001[br]
Quote: from Phil Wall on 10:20 am on Oct. 8, 2001[br]Paul

Spoke to RL tech.

Very helpful.

Suggested that, even though the lights flashed at the right times to indicate good calibration, what I discovered later seems to suggest the TC box lied when it said it was calibrated.

Proposed I calibrate *again* and then try the TC before I do any other changes. I can do that.

Can't make TRACREAD word. Need 100% DOS and I'm running emulator under W2000.

What are you going to write it in? What were they originally using (did they even start?)?

Rich

Programmer

(Edited by HardHead42 at 6:09 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

Quote: from HardHead42 on 6:08 pm on Oct. 8, 2001[br]What are you going to write it in? What were they originally using (did they even start?)?

Rich

Programmer

(Edited by HardHead42 at 6:09 pm on Oct. 8, 2001)

Gave this some thought.....

"do I make it super efficient and write it in C/C++?"

"nah! doesn't warrant the effort!"

"do I write it in Java to impress everyone"

"nah! I want it to perform reasonably well"

"OK, I'll use Delphi"

Delphi Professional 6.0 has got the RAD features I want, it's got the  C/C++ interface if I need to start getting cute, it's got a multitude of 3rd party objects and, being Pascal, it's wonderfully 'typed, i.e., if it compiles it'll probably run.

Gave this some thought.....

"do I make it super efficient and write it in C/C++?"

"nah! doesn't warrant the effort!"

"do I write it in Java to impress everyone"

"nah! I want it to perform reasonably well"

"OK, I'll use Delphi"

Delphi Professional 6.0 has got the RAD features I want, it's got the  C/C++ interface if I need to start getting cute, it's got a multitude of 3rd party objects and, being Pascal, it's wonderfully 'typed, i.e., if it compiles it'll probably run.

Good choice. I've been working as a Delphi programmer for the last 5-6 years (almost that's since it came out 16bit). Any help/tips you need just drop us a line.

Whoohaaa! Re-calibrated the box, "drove it up on to a brick  - Dean", jacked it up and nope! Oops, "switch it on - Martin", YEP! cuts like a Kitchen Devil.

Only problem now is I think I've over-tightened it. It smothers the engine with very little slip.

Phil, your slip % settings 'before cut' would be useful right about now.

Time to find that NUL Modem cable (or purchase a gender-changer) and get the Palm Vx on-line. It would be handy to have the control available when I'm at meets and can make a comparison.

Paul

I lowered it to 1400 just for the test.

I am running at about 1850 and it is OK

As I dont have access to a lap top when I want( See earlier  posts) I just left it at that setting. I do want to play with that setting to get the optimum.

Looking for a very low price secondhand laptop just for RLTC.

(Edited by Phil Wall at 12:19 pm on Oct. 13, 2001)