The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Argh Bl**dy Neighbour!

miko_supra

excelent. thanks for the replies. Yeah crawley is the place with the roundabout. although cant say i know them! well up for a meet round my house lol. i have been ignoring him, thats for sure although sometimes its so difficult not too. the "revving" thing this morning is the only retaliation i have done sinse i argued with him a couple of months ago.

I have a female friend with a seat ibiza cupra. Its rediculously loud. So i might just invite her round and show him that theres louder stuff out there. She will also break his legs if he says anything to her!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....He threatend to brick my window once, and i said i'll burn you in your house if you do.......guess what? he did'nt...

Intimidating and threatening behaviour is a petty hobby of mine:d

Down on my luck:( , I've had to live in a couple of seriously deprived areas (£0.15 can of beans was pricey:rolleyes: You don't survive in this environment by being nice , or by being tough .

You have to be sending automatic 'fuck you' messages just with the way you walk. Or be invisible.)

You need to say the right things at the right time in the right way --- and nothing more. No gestures, no threats, no shouting. Be cool.:cool:

In the heat of the moment people say rubbish that they regret afterwards. Plus nobody takes them seriously because they can't even control themselves.

You want to be proper threatening. Polite, straight face, low volume, colourless. Stare in the eyes (sometimes though it's best to be looking elsewhere when talking to them) and deliver a carefully prepared message like:

I'll wait till you sleep and then watch you burn alive.

Won't be my first time.

Wink and just walk away (I might also smile a tad, but it has to fit your style)

Don't look back, pretend he's transparent from then onwards.

He'll probably have nightmares for weeks to come, let alone try to damage your property.

a cctv camera on the car could be in order, just in case....

not sure going for a chat will sort anything but could be funny!:D

havent had any probs with my neighbours but im aware of how loud my car is so usually roll in to keep the revs down.

i just annoy them by taking up all the spaces,

a few months back we had 6 cars, 1 van, i motorbike and a sppedboat at our house, not bad when we only have 3 spaces!:D

Intimidating and threatening behaviour is a petty hobby of mine:d

Down on my luck:( , I've had to live in a couple of seriously deprived areas (£0.15 can of beans was pricey:rolleyes: You don't survive in this environment by being nice , or by being tough .

You have to be sending automatic 'fuck you' messages just with the way you walk. Or be invisible.)

You need to say the right things at the right time in the right way --- and nothing more. No gestures, no threats, no shouting. Be cool.:cool:

In the heat of the moment people say rubbish that they regret afterwards. Plus nobody takes them seriously because they can't even control themselves.

You want to be proper threatening. Polite, straight face, low volume, colourless. Stare in the eyes (sometimes though it's best to be looking elsewhere when talking to them) and deliver a carefully prepared message like:

I'll wait till you sleep and then watch you burn alive.

Won't be my first time.

Wink and just walk away (I might also smile a tad, but it has to fit your style)

Don't look back, pretend he's transparent from then onwards.

He'll probably have nightmares for weeks to come, let alone try to damage your property.

We ignored them after the burning jesture. And from then on when ever we were out in the garden or out the front at the same time, He would whistle and hum, I think it was nervs but you could cut the atmosphere with knife...

cant really say its my style to say im gnna burn him to death while he sleeps lol. Nor do i have £600. tho if i did i would be highly tempted! think i may get one of those fake cctv cameras pointing at the drive just to put him off. It'll probably piss him off too. well my road is very small. so perhaps we could have a rev off taking it in turns down my street lol. i've just ordered my decat pipe now btw :D

The problem with threatening in general is that it may backfire easily if you're not a natural nutter.

If the other party decides to call your bluff then what?

You can't do what you said because you've already warned them and they are on the lookout. If you try anything, you'll be the first suspect.

Plus you've lost the element of surprise.

So tread carefully.

Just ignore him mate, he sounds like a bit of a dick, he'll get bored or just mutter about you to himself under his breath after a while. Dont bother with the heavies though, if things come to the boil, you will need to sort it yourself. We can all make a call an have "things sorted" as it were, (though I dont know about having to pay for it. ;) ), but as you have to live next door to him, its best to sort it out as nicely as you can. Just try explaining that you can't help how loud the car is, but its not like you sit there reving the tits off it for half hour at a time at 05:00 hrs. Hope you get it sorted out mate.

cant really say its my style to say im gnna burn him to death while he sleeps lol. Nor do i have £600. tho if i did i would be highly tempted! think i may get one of those fake cctv cameras pointing at the drive just to put him off. It'll probably piss him off too. well my road is very small. so perhaps we could have a rev off taking it in turns down my street lol. i've just ordered my decat pipe now btw :D

My car is loud, can I come and stop at yours for a week? We could have a Supra meet at yours.....

I’d go round there and say what’s the problem in the nicest of ways. When he complains the cars too noisy tell him you’ll do everything to leave/return to the house as quietly as possible in the future which will make your life easier. Then next time you go out, get yourself ready to go before you start the engine so you can literally pull away as soon as you turn the key. Neighbours really aren’t someone you want to fall out with even if it means gritting your teeth sometimes and not saying what you would like too.

Did you live there before he did? If so did you have the car before he moved in?

If so tell him to fuck off, when he came round and looked at the house you had the car, if he thought it was going to be a problem he should have moved some fucking place else.

If he's moved there to get some piece and quiet, and then you've bought the loudest car in the world, maybe he'll have reason to be pissed off. But then a simple polite note through the door saying that your car is very loud and disturbing him, is there anything you can do to reduce the noise, wouldn't have been the most difficult thing to have done. Certainly a lot less confrontational than telling your mates that he likes to smash things when he gets angry.

People today eh?

More seriously, there is an old saying (can't remember from what country) that goes:

Every morning you wake up, you see God and your Neighbour

It's trying to say that you are stuck with them, so try to be smart and make peace with them, otherwise you risk poisoning your own life for a long time.

Guest dee_rz

I say have a mk4 supra party at your house fella invite all the loudest supras off this forum with all the biggest meanest looking drivers too :D :cool:

Did you live there before he did? If so did you have the car before he moved in?

If so tell him to fuck off, when he came round and looked at the house you had the car, if he thought it was going to be a problem he should have moved some fucking place else.

If he's moved there to get some piece and quiet, and then you've bought the loudest car in the world, maybe he'll have reason to be pissed off. But then a simple polite note through the door saying that your car is very loud and disturbing him, is there anything you can do to reduce the noise, wouldn't have been the most difficult thing to have done. Certainly a lot less confrontational than telling your mates that he likes to smash things when he gets angry.

People today eh?

Not sure how long he's lived there. no longer than 5 years as its a new estate. I arrived about 6 months ago. We are renting, so he feels he can easily push us out. Which he is successfully doing cause we are moving out in january.

I have just got back from my holiday. This morning the gf and I got dropped off by the taxi at 7 am. The taxi parked infront of his driveway for approx 2 mins whilst we off loaded...the neighbour then starts screaming out the window to

"get that f**cking car off of my driveway!!!"

So i can't really reason with a complete nob like that can I?