• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because i know Charlie measures manuals in FWHP and autos in RWHP :D

Very strange :)

I was thinking it was a bit high for RWHP, as I remember Paul Whiffin only getting 440rwhp when he had his measured on a similar rolling road, using a PHR stage 1 kit.

Interesting you said that too James.. it would be good to see those dynos from the last big meet at SRR to see the figures.

Yup - Terry and I are Manual, But I deffintely got 330 RWHP and 405 on some graphs.

Off Topic - Not sure about Surrey RR's figure consistency - The second last RR day, members had higher figures generally than the last one (same cars)which was a very cold day! I would have thought the figures would have been at least the same'ish given that the day was freezing cold - I think Homer and Terribleturner lost a bit of power as well as others?

Charlie Write is the MD. He is independent and allows anyone to map anything on his rollers. He supplies the facility, you bring the gear of choice and your tuner of choice.

As for consistancy, I believe Homer posted the exact same figures (or as near as dammit) from the supra.net meet at the pistonheads meet. On the same day a UK MX5 1.6 posted within a few hp of book figures, as did an Evo FQ300, and a GT-Four was a few hp down on book too. So that's that cleared up imo. To reinforce the point he seems to get enough repeat business too.

Assuming the r.road parameters were the same and you has similar tyre pressure etc then this should be correct...

I've just been comparing this to Terry's run and you have the edge up to about 4350rpm. Above that Terry's has the edge and maintains better power above 5600rpm. Overall, the area under your torque curves is very close.

Certainly very impressive Wez, whether it boils down to turbo choice, cast manifold or quality mapping yours seems to outpull the vvti equppied dual ball bearing fast spooling T61/GT35R in the sub 4500rpm range.

What downpipe and exhaust combo are you running, anything special breather wise?

Can't wait to see the cam change effects!!!

So yes, my SMIC's will support over 500 BHP, seems to be one answer provided by this... :) Nice one Wes.

yes it would seem so.. but that is based on a three second dyno pull though fella.... a stock bottom end can take 800bhp on a dyno pull too but that doenst mean that it can take on hard day out on the track.. just as and smic i think would struggle on a track day with that much power

OK guys, just back from a long weekend so can answer some questions now.

* Charlie has had stock cars on the rolling road which have produced pretty much bang on the stock figures quoted from various manufacturers I think this in itself is a pretty good guide.

* the exhaust is a custom single peice jobby from hayward and scott which mates upto a veilside ti, i also run a silenced screamer pipe, not that the silencer works very well.

* currently running on stock j-spec cams, engine is completly stock

* I have not measured any pressure drops but I have done the pipework myself using various parts i could get my hands on and have tried to minimise corners as much as possible.

* the afrs on the dyno matched the afrs from the ECU

* timescale on the cams is hopefully next month although i am liking it the way it is at the moment :)