The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Warning Light Should I Be Worried ???

Tattooman

I had that light. It can coime on for several reasons but as you just installed a delimiter 99% chance is that its due to the engine not knowing what speed your car is doing correctly. Does it happen at about 50-60mph?

Check all your connections are in the right place and are not faulty.

I am still playing with my boost controller and I am trying to fine tune it now and I think as my tubbies have boosted to just over their boost rating that is what has caused the 34 error code. Si I'm gonna take the gain and boost setting down slightly and see what that brings and also reset the ECU.

Ive got the 42 error code as well......Ive noticed that when the light comes on, the speed sensor on my Apexi reads 70-116 km/h despite the fact that I am doing a steady 75mph.... :(

And normally the speed sensor reads OK....exactly how it should on the Apexi in Km/h so 100 = 60mph.

so something to do with the speed sensor, not sure how to fix it.

I've found this thread very useful as i keep getting the same thing happen to me. Normally when i'm excellerating hard and get over 60mph. I did the paper clip check and it showed the same common fault code, CODE 42. Is this easy to fix? And is it still safe to drive around like it?

• 2 weeks later...

Bought my Sup on Monday :) and I have the same problem, the guy I bought it from said he thought it was the air flow meter?

However, I hooked up my mates GPS and my speedo is about 5 miles out so perhaps it is something to do with that...

I'm thinking of taking it to Toyota for a diagnostic and then taking it to Fensport for a full service. Does anyone know how much toyota would charge to hook it up?

I have the same problem...

I hooked up my mates GPS and my speedo is about 5 miles out so perhaps it is something to do with that...

I'm thinking of taking it to Toyota for a diagnostic

It's nothing to do with your speedo over-reading. The stock ones always over-read.

Check for stored error codes and see what it says.