Guest khyberpass

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you thought about a 300zx ?

personally I would never ever touch a GTO. last month the 300zx club had a thrash with the GTO club and 3 of there cars fooked up but all the zeds lived on with no injuries LOL

And im sorry there is no way the Mustang is more reliable or desirable than A supra.

It is quite close between supra and rx7 though. That my friend is up too personal preferance I believe

Guest khyberpass

In response to Martin A,

the missus loves the looks of the RX7 followed by the GTO. She likes the auto softtop option on the Mustang! She finds the Supra and 300ZX a bit bulky...

Me, I like the extra reliability of Supra/Mustang...and Ive always loved the 300ZX (although it may be starting to age now). Find the drive of the RX7 the best by a mile (when pushing it) but she maty fall out of love when she's doing shopping trips in it!

She likes looks...I have to find the car !

Looking for inspiration from the owners of the cars we have short listed...she'll be won over by the colour and the alloys; I need to know it will still be a great car in 6 months...

the missus loves the looks of the RX7 followed by the GTO. She likes the auto softtop option on the Mustang! She finds the Supra and 300ZX a bit bulky...

Have you got the GTO mixed up with something else? Its about the biggest, bulkiest, heaviest Jap Turbo'd car you can buy. Not only does it look big and bulky, but handles like it too!

The Supra is a nimble car and has the best lateral grip of any Jap supercar I've driven (provided its suspension is still in good condition and doesn't have stupid sized wheels). A Jspec one is hundreds of kilo's lighter than a GTO and it really shows in the handling.

The Rex is a different matter though, much more of a track day beast than GT. Handling is superb, very chuckable and extremely quick round a track in the right hands. It hasn't got the same straight line power as the Supra but modded can match a BPU TT.

To compare a Supra to a GTO, pah! :rolleyes:

Guest khyberpass

Homer

as I said "she likes the looks".....handling is a mystery to my missus..to her that means palming off stolen goods!

For price, I'm being drawn towards the Nissan ZX....they go for a lot less than the Supra, and the interior will get her mates in when they want to, which an RX will not. She's not sold on the looks, but is won over by the targa roof...!

She drives a Vel Satis most of the time so the Supra/Nissan will give her the closest crossover, when she goes for a play.

Guest Chris_gog
Homer

as I said "she likes the looks".....handling is a mystery to my missus..to her that means palming off stolen goods!

For price, I'm being drawn towards the Nissan ZX....they go for a lot less than the Supra, and the interior will get her mates in when they want to, which an RX will not. She's not sold on the looks, but is won over by the targa roof...!

She drives a Vel Satis most of the time so the Supra/Nissan will give her the closest crossover, when she goes for a play.

Why not go for an N/A 300zx? Very reliable, fun to drive, pretty quick, decent fuel economy and targas!

Guest khyberpass

From around the sites so far.....

looks like Supra is the general favourite choice although a fair few have thrown nissan 300zx in as a dark horse...(Skyline was thrown in but didn't have the auto option).

GTO - v fast off line. Looks good. not so good an overall package?

RX7 - best looking. best "racecar" on windy lanes; but too many repair problems and stretching the idea of 2+2 (more a 2 seater)

Mustang - brute..power from onset...not that popular.

Supra - either 1st, 2nd or third at everything. The best overall package and in TT auto format, the fastest car. Most websites(excl their own!) have said that Supra in the "real world" is the best choice.

300zx(tt) - as pointed out....was beating all the cars above in reviews for overall car through 90-95 period. Starting to look dated...

Thanks for your views so far! I'm none the wiser, but have enjoyed all of your views..keep em coming if you disagree

In response to Martin A,

Me, I like the extra reliability of Supra/Mustang...and Ive always loved the 300ZX (although it may be starting to age now).

You can get up to a T reg import you know which is a 99 spec and looks a bit more modern. And how can it be more bulky than a mustang or GTO ?

Proper boot space aswell.:tongue:

Get her an X5 or another soft-roader :run:

:D

GTO - pants - liked the look of them when looking Japanese turbo. Drove a few and walked away. Some can look great but don't like the way they drive.

Mustang - never drove one but can appreciate it, especially the sounds they can produce. Not bad looking car depending on model.

RX-7 - Great Car, great handling and fast :thumbs: Enjoy.

300Z - Driven plenty, mates have had them but I would rather spend more money and buy a Supra TT.

Supra TT - You won't be dissapointed, buy one - Nuff said

If your missus wants a fast car out of the choices above and she does not get on with the Supra then buy and RX-7!

1 - Supra TT

2 - RX-7

3 - Mustang

4 - Something else

5 - something else again :)

;)

I have driven A few of both cars (turbo and N/a) Supra and zed.

They both have good and bad points. They are the closest matched I think out of their league and size. The supra is more modern in the way it drives and looks. But the 300zx is more of drivers car and you can feel the road alot more and feels more responsive. But thats in my opinion and Im slightly biased towards the 300zx at the moment but am slowly converting LOL

You really need to do a bit of resarch, comparing a 300ZX to a Supra is a bit lame.

Not really they do compete with each other - 3.0l Twin Turbo V 3.0L Twin Turbo. The 300zx has Supra performance for a cheaper price but with a V6 instead of a Inline 6.

Similar but the supra is better built and layout. Better styling and the over engineering/technology is better IMHO in the Supra. I would say they are similar beasts.

Supra is definately faster as standard too :D But all subjective :thumbs:

How about getting her and EVO or Scooby?

khyberpass: -

If the Surpa is too bulky:shrug:, how about an Aristo - Same engine as the Supra but in a saloon car?

Look here for an example. Gaz Walkers Garage

if its for the other half what about one of those honda s2000's, new/relyable/convertable/good lookin, probably good finance deals and not rwd/silly power.

you mention the other half isnt too much of a handling conoseur, if thats the case do you really want her in a rwd car that a lot of experienced drivers have still managed to trash.

i wouldnt let my other half drive the supe, (without some serious track training/experience at least)

...and thats out of concern for 'her' safety, not the supes, (honest! lol)

if its for the other half what about one of those honda s2000's, new/relyable/convertable/good lookin, probably good finance deals and not rwd/silly power.

you mention the other half isnt too much of a handling conoseur, if thats the case do you really want her in a rwd car that a lot of experienced drivers have still managed to trash.

i wouldnt let my other half drive the supe, (without some serious track training/experience at least)

...and thats out of concern for 'her' safety, not the supes, (honest! lol)

S2000 is rear wheel drive :cool:

But the 300zx is more of drivers car and you can feel the road alot more and feels more responsive.

Than a MKiv Supra TT/Na? :tongue:

I found it the other way around. From stock V stock I would say the Supra is the winner in all aspects (IMHO) possibly becasue it is newer than the Zed.

Cheers,