My own Engine almost ready

Lucifer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its the Stage 1 DBB Cutback. Will only make 500 ish but if I have done my figs correctly it should product 21psi @ 3200 RPM.

Spec I'll add to the first post.

LOL! only 500:D 500 is loads and plenty of horsepower for a road car. i'd be interested in hearing how this spools as i want to swap out mine for a more road useable turbo

Lee, Thats exactly why I am building this to this spec. I seriously doubt any car could stay with this on any road and most tracks in the. It been built from the ground up with all new parts, and all the very best parts.

Laggy 4000 RPM boost spike? I think not!!

Lee, Thats exactly why I am building this to this spec. I seriously doubt any car could stay with this on any road and most tracks in the. It been built from the ground up with all new parts, and all the very best parts.

Laggy 4000 RPM boost spike? I think not!!

when do you plan on having this in the car and mapped? i'd love a ride in it to see how it feels. Im undecided on which turbo to go for yet but it will be something along the lines of the T61, possibly GT35R

Realisically it will be early next year, as its already cost me over 25k and its not built yet. You are more than welcome to ride along and see how she goes.

UK brake setup, Brembo discs, Hawk pads.

£25K WTF have you been spending it on?:D

• 5 weeks later...

i think i have the same turbo as you Martin, a dbb one, how can you tell the difference though? Mines not on and running yet, am just in the middle of collecting all the bits needed, map ecu and injectors all thats left:) bought the turbo off a member on here.

i think i have the same turbo as you Martin, a dbb one, how can you tell the difference though? Mines not on and running yet, am just in the middle of collecting all the bits needed, map ecu and injectors all thats left:) bought the turbo off a member on here.

yours is a PHR stage one, Martin's has his fettled with by Ben Phillips (obiwan)

Oh right, gotcha, is there a big difference between to two?

i wouldn't have thought so. basically the turbo started out the same as yours and i would imagine Ben made some mods to it to make it spool even faster. i can't see it making much difference to be honest as the spool is already very good on these turbos

the only reason i can see is for future proofing and peace of mind

Just for what Lee said basically.

Reasons in order

1. Built to last. I drive cars EXTREMLY hard (with mechanical sympethy though)

2. Future proofing.

3. We will be running this at over 1000 on the Dyno for sure with a 80mm Turbo just to prove it can be done her ein the UK off Gas.

4. Just to say I have all the best bits.

5. No risk at 550bhp then. Fully bullet proof.

The turbo *Should* Spool about 100 RPM quicker. We will be conducting back to back tests. However you will loose about 15-25 BHP top end for the same setup.

When it's up and ready mate I'd love to go for a quick spin. Never been in a Single Supra before and really want to test one out. I live in West Midlands area and am hoping there's someone nearby so I can think about a single convo.

Good luck buddy. Here's wishing you a truly 'solid' driving experience.

When it's up and ready mate I'd love to go for a quick spin. Never been in a Single Supra before and really want to test one out. I live in West Midlands area and am hoping there's someone nearby so I can think about a single convo.

Good luck buddy. Here's wishing you a truly 'solid' driving experience.

Bet you he tells you its slow compared to his mates CL65:p

;)