The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you let you other half drive the Supra?

pistonbroke

Mine drives my car - I don't have a problem with it, she's a great driver, very confident but was brought up on a farm so has been driving since she could walk almost. But my two major positives are - she brings my insurance down quite a bit and if we go out & I have a drink, she'll drive home.

I can understand where the rest of you are coming from - my ex was hardly even allowed to sit in my car, never mind drive it. Plus even better - my girlfriend driving the supra up to her door - must rip her to shreds with jealously. I gave her a car, which she kerbed, smashed the wing mirrors off then the ultimate finale.... she wrote it off, driving in to the back of someone while on her mobile & doing her make up

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no way will i let the GF drive the Supe. she kurbs her VW regually, and 'looky about ability' (cant think of the proper word) is terrible, I cant believe the amount of times shes nearly gone into the side of someone!

The only place my mrs has driven mine was at Bovingdon Airfield. She wouldnt want to drive it on the road as she knows how much i look after it.

Since getting the new wheels i'm very reluctant to let anyone drive it unless i'm forced to

My wife drives mine quite regularly. She had a minor bump in it last year whilst parking, which i have (just ) forgiven her for! :D

I don't think she's ever had No2 tubby on boost but she does enjoy driving it, and the attention she gets when she does. But i think she does find it a tad intimidating.

Guest mk47

my gf used to drive my n/a all the time we both managed to get insured (20 and 19 yrs old) for under 2 grand.

but now on my tt they wont insure her until she turns 20 :eyebrows:

Mine drives it when ever i dont want to, she find it too noisy to use for her self and is really worried about damaging it.

Its great when were on long journeys or i have had a drink though. Have to force her to put her foot down, but eventully she does!

No

And the wheels still look like new after being fitted 14 mths ago, not curbed!!

Anyway she has a RX8 (2nd one) so she has plenty of fun in her own car...

The good thing is the Supra has such a small boot she doesn't even need to use it to go to do the weekly shop,

Another reason why not:

Out on my test drive when buying it, the road was damp and she drifted it around the roundabout, i mean real full drift opposite lock stuff here

and as cool as anything she just looked at me and said " ok wheres the dynamic stability control button?? ":respekt:

meanwhile I'm cra+ping myself :wtf:

and my lad is sitting in the back who's 13 going " cool!!! mum ":ecstatic:

Seroiusly though i've never had a car that is so easy to slide out in the wet effortlessly, god knows what its like in the TT..

It depends what I get in return which is usually you can drive my Clio...

However she has made better offers and from those i've agree'd to let her drive it.

But then after she's carried her actions out I change my mind :D

I'd consider it though if she was willing to fill the car up with fuel to the brim, i'd then let her drive it home from the petrol station (200 yards but i'd still be worried)