The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you let you other half drive the Supra?

pistonbroke

Angie has her own Supra, but I let her drive mine when she wants too.

She likes it in the warm weather and she can take the roof off.

:)

She did alot of the driving in my car at Le Mans this year too! (But I wouldn't let her do burn-outs like she did there 2 years ago in her own car....)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife to be pesters me to let her drive the Supra, she wants me to put her on the insurance and let her go out in it. Thing is, she has virtually zero respect for her A class mercedes and regularly kerbs the wheels. When I say about her wheels, she replies, "its my car, i can do what I want with it". I'd be so worried she smash the car up or just not respect its power and end up in A+E.

What do you lot think?

NEVER EVER EVER!

Shes too small to drive the Supra, but she fits her Rover 200 fine. Trouble is, she tries to fit the Rover into spaces that dont actually exist....

Since 1999, the only panel that hasnt been replaced is the roof. See below, the passenger door and cill happened three weeks ago, the drivers door on monday.

Again, the answer is no.

Image(47).jpg

Image(48).jpg

i've only ever let 2 people drive my baby: garethEves (a fellow supra owner who just wanted to try the auto out, whilst i was driving his) and my dad (who had it for one afternoon & managed to destroy my front bumper in a car park incident)

the wife? she has managed to do something classed as damage to every car previous to this that i've owned, therefore, NO. it's for her own good ;)

We share the Supe...

It's Soo's daily drive and I drive it at the weekends... works well.

Sue's a "better -OK safer" driver than me, she's less wreckless and not as prone (although she has been known) to race.

In my state of second (OK third) childhood, I can't seem to resist Beemers, Porkers or Scoobys that dare challange the mighty Supe :D (it's my duty) !

She also boasts thats she's never had an accident or points on her licence, neither of which I can claim (it's very unfair, twice she's been pulled and twice let off with a warning and a smile - me...not let off anything including a bunged up window washer... :( ).

Wait till I grow some tits..... :)

G

my wife can drive my car but never like it, she knows how much time and effort I spent on it and she ever so worry she would crash it.

She drive it from time to time, usually when I am piss drunk or ill or driving her parents around town, I usually make them sick when I drive.

China

She has once. I let her drive back from Weymouth to Poole and she loved it.

Right up until she went past a scammera van at 80+.....

So I don't think she'll want to drive it again. ;)

I might let my brother have a go on the way to Goodwood on Sunday though.