The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dodgy eBay auctions!

Steviegeeza

I was considering taking my car for a day's mapping at Trac-Art but I think I'll take it somewhere else now that I've seen what a bunch of con-men they are.

Still, it's only about a grands worth of business they've lost. I hope they enjoy the £15 they stole from our friend.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was considering taking my car for a day's mapping at Trac-Art but I think I'll take it somewhere else now that I've seen what a bunch of con-men they are.

Still, it's only about a grands worth of business they've lost. I hope they enjoy the £15 they stole from our friend.

You can give me a grand, and i'll draw you a map? :D

Email sent to ebay.

I spoke to this guy today adn was talking to him about suspension. Aparently :-

1. 17" wheels dont handle very well

2. If you are having traction problems its nothing to do with suspension, you just need to put 285's on the rear.

3. He sells loads fo teh polly bush kits, 8 so far! - Strange, Im the first one to get them adn Im not getting one till monday ;)

4. When I mentioned Unsprung weight, he didnt seem to think that was important.

5. He can get me 480bhp on stock turbos without cams.

6. The UK and Jap spec suspension is completly different.

He really knows his... er..... bullshit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10428&item=4643464978

"please note:This is an advert and a link to our website,not and auction. Winning bidders will receive a 10amp fuse."

auction won @ £8.00 and the winning bidder says:

good ebayer , paulsupra69 ( 199)

:blink:

despite previous feedback:

This is a very misleading item (10A fuse & a weblink) and not the item expected.

wtf??? he is pleased to received a 10 amp fuse?

I spoke to this guy today adn was talking to him about suspension. Aparently :-

1. 17" wheels dont handle very well

2. If you are having traction problems its nothing to do with suspension, you just need to put 285's on the rear.

3. He sells loads fo teh polly bush kits, 8 so far! - Strange, Im the first one to get them adn Im not getting one till monday ;)

4. When I mentioned Unsprung weight, he didnt seem to think that was important.

5. He can get me 480bhp on stock turbos without cams.

6. The UK and Jap spec suspension is completly different.

One out of six ain't bad.

What an absolute arse, dodgy scamming git. If he's going to rip people off, why the hell do it with the same username as your (apparantly) legitimate company! What does he expect will happen, you pay £10, realise it's a fuse, and think "wow this guy's got good marketing skills, think I'll take my car there for ££££ of work!" :conf:

Ebay is just a pain in the arse now, I advertised a wireless card stating "Comes with CD", I burned the latest drivers and software and got an email from the guy saying that he's pissed cos it's a copied CD and he has reported me for mis advertising? WTF?

Also sold some facelift rear light parts with a big photo showing them and you could see them, then I got an email from the buyer saying that I didn't tell him that they were both from the passenger side (I only wanted the clear lenses), he wants to know what I am going to do about it and if I have the other side then he wants me to send him that one too.

Ebay has gone completely shit.

Morning after drunken rant over....

[sad]These guys have done so much work on my N reg supra 3ltr TT VVTI.

N reg supra 3ltr TT VVTI ?

The oldest VVTi Supras are 1997 (R reg)

You don't know what you're on about mate. Don't happen to work at Trac Art do you?

It's not that simple mate, the guy asked for a refund of his £15 and they mucked him around then said he could have it if he removed his posts.

The original ebay listing was suspect but the way they handled it since is disgusting!

Paul