jayssupra

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imi,

Is there any chance of getting a pic of the state your old stock IC was in? It would help for people in the future to know what kind of improvement they can expect when they're in a similar situation to you though.

28BHP is 28BHP. That's a good gain, Seems like a good piece of kit!

you can get a xspwer 4 row front mount for that price.... call rebas systems matey

Why woudl you want a laggy 4 row? Some people have smaller turbos or Stock twins. A 4 row is completely unsuitable for them. A 4 row is only required at around the 700 mark assuming everything is on good condition. Don't always assume bigger is better.

Hey Tony.

sry mate, its getting a bit confusing. Jay is the one that has got the stock replacement SMIC installed on his car. ping him for the pics.

I will be getting the "uprated" one installed in a couple of weeks time and will take pics of the existing intercooler - before and after dyno plots.

stay tuned for a seperate thread

Why woudl you want a laggy 4 row? Some people have smaller turbos or Stock twins. A 4 row is completely unsuitable for them. A 4 row is only required at around the 700 mark assuming everything is on good condition. Don't always assume bigger is better.

i wasnt mate..

but there is no harm in making your car future proof is there why buy twice is all i am saying..

Sorry imi, for some reason I thought it was you, that'll teach me for scanning through!

is it a genuine 28bhp from the intercooler tho, or assisted because the boost was increased at the same time?

I know what your saying, but unless he changed something else at the same time (say increased boost using some kind of boost controller) he is still seeing 28bhp more than he was before fitting it. If it is just because of the new IC, then it's indirectly attributable to that. IYSWIM.

The reason why I'd like to see the state of the original, was because if it was in pristine condition (which I doubt) then it would be a pretty worthwhile upgrade. If the stocker was in terrible condition, then it's less so, but as I said, he got a 28bhp increase, and that's not to be sniffed at.

You know what would be great from/for Paul:

Pics and dyno sheet of knackered stocker SMIC.

Same car, same day, stock replacement (aka aftermarket) SMIC pics and dyno sheet.

Same car, same day, "uprated" = upgraded/higher performance aftermarket SMIC pics and dyno sheet.

Tack on prices, and they'll sell themselves. Am I wrong in thinking a man with a knackered IC, the right tools, a dyno, the two different SMICs, and 4-5 hours couldn't get this done?

You know what would be great from/for Paul:

Pics and dyno sheet of knackered stocker SMIC.

Same car, same day, stock replacement (aka aftermarket) SMIC pics and dyno sheet.

Same car, same day, "uprated" = upgraded/higher performance aftermarket SMIC pics and dyno sheet.

That makes perfect sense....

mind you, a brand new stock replacement SMIC for 295 sells itself anyway, even assuming that it doesnt give you massive gains, atleast its cooling the charge as it should (compared to a knackered stocker)

now- people that dont want to spend 600 on an uprated smic have the option not to. so well done to Paul for that.

now- people that dont want to spend 600 on an uprated smic have the option not to. so well done to Paul for that.

RAARRGGGHH it's NOT UPRATED it's NEW/Replacement!!!!

;)

Ps I never said that PaulE claims it to be better than stock. I'm sure he'd agreed that a brand new Stock SMIC would be the best option....if people wanted to spend the money.

You can't claim to uprate something unless you test 2 items in peak condition ie NEW.

Arghhh - I was referring to the CW SMIC for £630 - that is marketed as "UPRATED".

Pauls "UPRATED" offering is £450. (i think)

It's got nothing to do with cost...uprated means performs better...no aftermarket SMIC can claim to be better than stock, as no one has tested one, back to back with a new stocker.

And if they do claim it to be better than a new stocker then they should have the data to back it up or stop incorrectly marketing the product.

And if they do claim it to be better than a new stocker then they should have the data to back it up or stop incorrectly marketing the product.

Alex - I agree with you...THEY are marketing it as UPRATED not me.

so take it up with them.

CW SMIC - £630

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=71502&highlight=SMIC

Miami-GT STOCK - £295

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=71335&highlight=SMIC

I will be trying out the UPRATED one in the next few weeks - look at Paul'spost about the details of this.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=876233&postcount=15

Call them what you like guys

We have done

1. A stock 'old' SMIC versus the Miami-GT Stock replacement dyno run

and when Imi gets his will be doing a

2. A stock 'old' SMIC versus the Miami-GT 'Uprated' stock replacement dyno run

If anyone wants to do anymore tests then go for it - I, for one, will be very happy to put either on my car (I have the 'uprated' one fitted already) but cant be arsed to do anymore...or am going to spend over £700 proving what we know already - these are better than a knackered oldie

:)

I think there was a bit of confusion where everyone thought you only sold one.

Anyway, £295 for a stock replacement is a bloody bargain! Even the uprated one is a steal compared to buying a stock Toyota item!

I'm looking forward to mine......cant wait :D

I have a CW one which I am happy with, although I did not notice any real difference over my stock one it is nice to know it is working efficiently for the hot weather. Re Pauls ones it is nice to have more options - uprated, downrated or unrated.

Perhaps we could have a special Alex rating where he gives his opinion on new products. :bobby: