The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Video Sup v RS4

steb9780

Great vid, enjoyed watching that!

Thought it was interesting whenever the supe changed gear the RS4 pulled level with it (if he was behind) then when the supe changed gear again that was when the RS went ahead.

They really ought to get walky talkies or something though, I've never seen so many fault starts lol.

Good vid, enjoyed.

Gaz

The germans had been left hanging out there for a while by the big powered jap cars that are capable of ridiculous power. I think perhaps the german industry has decided its time to show the japs how its done :D

Its only racing a BPU Supra... pedestrian compared to a decently setup Single Turbo'd one :)

The japs have never made big BHP cars.. its only tuners who've extracted the power from them. I dont get your point.

My point is that out of the factory ten years ago the M5 is the only car that could convincingly see off the likes of RX7s, supras, 300 ZXs, skylines, etc all off the production line. The M3 just keeps up. There isn't an audi or merc I can think of that would hold its own without paying a visit to brabus or the likes and porsches just aren't in the same price league. Now they are just going mental with the power. Standard off the prod line cars like A4's BMW 5 series and 3 series are being tuned in house to ridiculous amounts. The latest M5 and M3 CSL offerings are verging on loony. Mercedes are just crackers with some of their machines and audi are producing some right nut job motors.

Guest Flat4_ire
if i had the money i'd have one. kinda sick they make production cars like that :D

if i had 50k to spend an rs4 wouldnt even come into my mind!

My point is that out of the factory ten years ago the M5 is the only car that could convincingly see off the likes of RX7s, supras, 300 ZXs, skylines, etc all off the production line. The M3 just keeps up. There isn't an audi or merc I can think of that would hold its own without paying a visit to brabus or the likes and porsches just aren't in the same price league. Now they are just going mental with the power. Standard off the prod line cars like A4's BMW 5 series and 3 series are being tuned in house to ridiculous amounts. The latest M5 and M3 CSL offerings are verging on loony. Mercedes are just crackers with some of their machines and audi are producing some right nut job motors.

Audi S2 & RS2 were both in the Supra's league as was the M3 Evo. The 1997 Audi S8 would have certainly shown a stock Supra a thing or two. A '98 E55 AMG would make a Supra look stupid. Then we have the M roadster/breadvans. Porsche 944 & 968 Turbo's...

OK you have a point. Thing is though a couple of grand and all the jap cars have the ability to whoop them cars. Couple a grand stuck in those cars you list gaz would not buy much of an upgrade lol. The porsches would be daft money even at the bottom of porsches list.

Iirc it's as easy (ie cheap, and sometimes cheaper) to get power out of an Audi turbo than a Jap turbo. Didn't the Audi RS4 in the vid just have a remapped ECU? You can't even do that to a Supra- you either get a plathora of signal fudgers or you do it properly and get a stand alone ECU, which ain't cheap.

BPU+?

Exhaust system and a boost controller? These days you can do that for less than £1k, and you think he spent less than that on the Audis mods? No way :)

The supra doesnt even have a FMIC.

The vid said "BPU+" where did you see it's spec?

:blahblah: it could have raced any car from any club and it would get the same skyline supra cosworth rex etc etc...and theres no point at all saying..yea yea but if the supe had a single etc.... BOTTOM LINE IS A STANDARD RS4 WILL BEAT A STANDARD SUPRA!!!ITS FASTER SIMPLE AS THAT!!!!if it did have a single and won then RS4 owners would be saying yea but the RS4 didnt have this and that kinda mods,i would like to see a well modded supra against a well modded RS4.

I'm BPU and my mate has a 470 BHP MTM tuned RS4.

I had 2 drag races - I beat him both times, close match. Top End upto 170 Leptons - We were exactly the same.

Edit to say: We were hammering round a roundabout and I saw him wobble!

Ro

You race what you bring and the Audi had the Supra beat. Simple as.

New for new, the audi still has the Supra beat.

Modern "quick" production cars are awesome. OK so you can buy a latest year '02 Supra and bung and an awful lot of mods and end up with a quicker car for the price of say an M5 or an RS4, but you won't have certain things that are also important to people, like factory warranty, no hassle arranging modifications, place to for your mates to sit etc etc.

Most of all you'll have a car that is still current. The Supra whilst timeless is getting old now. (Gawd bless her!) OK, we're lucky in that we've got a reasonable number of traders who still sell parts and upgrades for our cars, but that number will definitely start to dwindle as more and more mkiv's end up on scrap piles. Remember there was only something like 12K made total. Give it another 5 to 10 years, we're really going to start to struggle to get parts and keep our cars looking good. Hell even some parts from Toyota are no longer available.

If I had the cash, I would buy an RS4 tomorrow.