The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kinda fed-up with owning a Supra.

RedM

sorry mate, it works great for me :)

MOT - £30

Insurance - £50 for me on a Uno 45

Tax,... well you got me on that!

Still, I'd need to put around £50 of go-go juice in the Supra a week.

Thats approx. £2500 on fuel alone :( every year.

Buy a second car.

Yea if the car goes through an mot first time...tyres brakes etc etc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing was designed to be driven not put in a garage, if that was the case they would have put no engine in it, in the same way that money was only designed to be spent, like everything in life if you cannot afford it, do not do it or if you want it that much find a way

Yep, get a 2nd car. Mine was costing me a fortune on fuel - I was using it for work, daily drivers, etc.

Got really narked when I went over a jockey wheel that had been discarded in the road - ripped a 3" hole in my exhaust :angry:

I've now got an oldish 306 D-Turbo. I get an average of 45 miles to the gallon and basically the car payed for itself within the first month of owning it!

I don't care where I leave it, I don't have to wonder if the person I'm gonna visit has got a steep driveway, or stupid speed humps on their road.

Then I get to drive the sup at weekends. I love leaving driving it for a while - feels like an exercet missile when I get back in it.

We have a 2nd car just now a diesel 306 only had it for 4 days and its already needing back axle bushes!! So our plan is to fix it think thats only going to cost £70 then get the Supra converted to Autogas seems a shame to have the Supra to only drive at weekends and drive a heap of a 306 during the week!!

Guest Flat4_ire
i know what your saying but when you are young (as i was once) its not so economical to have x2 lots of insurance and often not practical to have another car to park etc.............plus a biggy for me when i first had the supra was that having a loan for the car and not using it much would have annoyed me...........but once you get to the age where a run around is £150-250 to insure, and you own more/all of the car then it starts to make sense.....

ah yeah i know that, see the only reason i have 2 cars is because i have a trade insurance policy so i am covered on any car i jump into with a value of €50k or less, thats why its so easy for me to just buy and sell cars left right and centre and not have to call the insurance company etc etc ya know?

if i didnt have this insurance policy allowing me this freedom i would just have a plain old diesel caddy work horse for travelling to work!

Guest Flat4_ire
The thing was designed to be driven not put in a garage, if that was the case they would have put no engine in it, in the same way that money was only designed to be spent, like everything in life if you cannot afford it, do not do it or if you want it that much find a way

yeah but its nice to go to and from work in an old diesel bus or whatever, and then come 5pm on friday u open the garage up to see that gorgeous supra smiling at you waiting to be washed and brought out for the wknd! for me it makes the whole owning a sports car thing a lot better and unique

Martin,

buy a 2nd car, keep the Supra for weekends. JOB DONE!!

Save fuel and if you can keep the car in a garage/lock-up you have less security issues, maybe even less insurance to pay.

Mine is weekends only and I enjoy the car. keeps the costs down as well:)