The mkiv Supra Owners Club

350z

NeoFuture

.5 of a litre you'll agree that is less of a difference than a TT ;) :) imo a na supra is the car to be compared to the Z for whoever likes to do that sort of thing, I just like to learn new things :D

To be fair comparing a 10year old car to a modern day car isnt fair at all is it, times change and so does the technology, the supra was a fantastic piece of machinery when it first arrived on the scene likewise the 350Z in the modern era. They can now extract serious amount of BHP from just NA so 96 NA supe to 04 NA 350Z its not comparable! :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheMinel

well then why compare them in the first place?

but there'll always be some people who will want to compare, so imo at least you should try and do it like for like as much as you can, don't you agree?

Thing is, its been your lot (some 350Z owners) popping over here saying well if our car had turbos etc etc, trying to make excuses!? You get what you're given and any car can be made fast with a big enough cheque book! Its just usually a darn sight easier and cheaper to get reliable big power out of a Supra (usually).

Guest TheMinel
Thing is, its been your lot (some 350Z owners) popping over here saying well if our car had turbos etc etc, trying to make excuses!? You get what you're given and any car can be made fast with a big enough cheque book! Its just usually a darn sight easier and cheaper to get reliable big power out of a Supra (usually).

nope, see my post on the other thread, re. you lot :)

i don't make any excuses, i just state that a stock forced induction 3L car can hardly be compared to a stock 3.5L normally aspirated one.

but there'll always be some people who will want to compare, so imo at least you should try and do it like for like as much as you can, don't you agree?

Yeh true but when designing the NA it wasnt the plan to get as much BHP out of it as poss as its the lowest model in the range. The 350Z was designed as the main model in the range. So id like to think they extracted as much Bhp as they cud reliably. If Toyota had made more Bhp from the NA it would have got in the way of the TT for sales.

Guest TheMinel

I'm afraid all those specs need to be read with a pinch of salt, like everything else. I'll tell you what I know from experience with my own Z which is midly modded NA, and what I've personally witnessed too.

My best0-60 time is 5.76 seconds (timed @ Modified Nationals)

My best 1/8 mile is 9.092 seconds (timed at Modified Nationals)

My best 1/4 mile was @ York and was 14.376

I've then witnessed a basically stock (HKS exhaust) Z running 13.99 @ Elvington

My only mods are intake, plenum, hi flow cats and exhaust.

Guest TheMinel
Lust2luv has got a 14.5 sec 1/4 in his 3.0L NA which compares fairly well to the 350Z. I think he's decatted and sports exhaust (basically all thats worthwhile doing to the NA)

our cars are pointless to modify NA though as our stock ECU compensates for every breathing mod we do to it, making it run over rich :blink:

and my time is way average, it's my daily driver after all :lol: there's NA zeds in the US that run mid-high 13's no NOS of course

Guest TheMinel
yeh that, don't want to give you guys any ammo, but are there many auto 350's? what are they like?

auto gearboxes are supposed to be decent, I drove one but only for a short run, the box was nice though! only imports can be auto, Uk ones don't get the auto box.