The mkiv Supra Owners Club

350z

NeoFuture

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Garfy
Surprised you're even posting Garfy, I'd be mortified with shame in those circumstances :p ;) :p ;) Lets be honest, you'd notice the difference on a track but not on normal roads ...... maybe the 350 hit the gear changes just so and you weren't really concentrating, maybe the 350 was a twin turbo or had a blower ....... you're much better using another Supra as a bench mark if you're worried about the supe ...... if you're just trying to make me feel bad cus I've got a 350, don't bother, I've a girlfriend for that :) :) :) :)

Thanks mate, that makes me feel better, Like I said I wasn't really concentrating because I was lost and was trying to make sure I was coming of the round about at the right exit (turned out I didn't because I had to turn round later), so I didn't plant the loud peddle untill I was on the straight, I guess the 350z would have been carrying more speed from the round about because he knew where he was going.

Thanks mate, that makes me feel better, Like I said I wasn't really concentrating because I was lost and was trying to make sure I was coming of the round about at the right exit (turned out I didn't because I had to turn round later), so I didn't plant the loud peddle untill I was on the straight, I guess the 350z would have been carrying more speed from the round about because he knew where he was going.

Come out on the Midlands Gumball that's being planned ...... I'll be in the zed and you can have another go ....... just to make you feel better :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Guest TheMinel
Nah ...... the stock 350's no match for a Supra TT in a straight line chap ...... ask IanR

Glyn ffs stop comparing your poor driving skills and taking it for granted for everyone else :p

Guest TheMinel
MVP Motorsports does a turbokit for the 350Z.I think Sound Performance does as well.

never heard of these 2 guys, but Greddy, APS, Turbonetics all do single and TT kits for the Z. Then there's the SC options with Vortech, ATI, Stillen, HKS. Problem is not all do RHD kits...

Glyn said one thing right when he sd that with stock internals the Z can only handle (albeit reliably, from tens of thousands of miles experience with large numbers of owners in teh US) ~ 420bhp ish and about ~450lb/ft torque.

Question: how many ponies can you put on a stock internals TT Supra? :question:

I have a stock TT and I 'did' a 350 on a motorway top speed run. He followed me off at my junction and tried it on the twisties. Sadly it was a bit damp and I had my RLTC working really well. He didn't stand a chance.

I now see him most mornings at a certain crossroads in the sticks. He always lets me across first. Biatch.

Question: how many ponies can you put on a stock internals TT Supra? :question:

definitely over 500bhp, some say 6 or 700 (and have used them at this power for a long time (years)) but guess like anything you need to give it good servicing etc for it to last

Guest TheMinel
Hehe this is very debatable - whether you want to believe it or not, guys in the US have had dyno'd theirs to ~1000bhp.

hold on I mean reliably :)

Guest TheMinel
I have a stock TT and I 'did' a 350 on a motorway top speed run. He followed me off at my junction and tried it on the twisties. Sadly it was a bit damp and I had my RLTC working really well. He didn't stand a chance.

I now see him most mornings at a certain crossroads in the sticks. He always lets me across first. Biatch.

you comparing a car with a twin turbo with a NA car? bah :)

wow always so welcoming around here? don't bother visiting us then mate ;)

I thought this was a Supra forum?

yup like i would want to but anyways, i dont see anything wrong with my post, if your comming on another board to compare cars at leastdto some research, if you think your engine or manual gearbox is better/more reliable than the ones on a mkiv then like i said go on that forum and ask them,im sure they would welcome you muct better than i have.

you comparing a car with a twin turbo with a NA car? bah :)

Yeah and one that revs higher with more displacement etc etc :)

Apples and Oranges.

Supraforums is a better place to ask than here as they have a wealth of experience in terms of Supra tuning and getting the most out of the car.

Reliably.. anywhere between 6-800bhp I'd guess... but is that thrashing it everywhere for every mile? God knows :)

Guest TheMinel
definitely over 500bhp, some say 6 or 700 (and have used them at this power for a long time (years)) but guess like anything you need to give it good servicing etc for it to last

nice one! we can't put over 450 really as the rods would go :(

hold on I mean reliably :)

Posted by Ian C

"Mine is up to 65k miles now, which I suppose isn't bad for 10 years old It's never been below 450bhp since I've owned it. The single has been on for two years and yeah about 15000 miles."

not sure how long at 450bhp but thats 2 years at a definite 500+ bhp?

Guest TheMinel

robert chill pill is in order, didn't know this forum is more banter-related than perfomance related. You directing me somewhere else seemed rude, that's all :)

PS our gearbox is shite :) and no i wasn't comparing anything, you did :)

nice one! we can't put over 450 really as the rods would go :(

Reason? Fuel efficiency and weight savings I bet.. whereas the engine in the Supra is basically a forged block from the showroom, sure it'll probably weigh more but its typical Toyota bulletproof overengineering.

Guest TheMinel
Yeah and one that revs higher with more displacement etc etc :)

Apples and Oranges.

.5 of a litre you'll agree that is less of a difference than a TT ;) :) imo a na supra is the car to be compared to the Z for whoever likes to do that sort of thing, I just like to learn new things :D

Guest TheMinel
Reason? Fuel efficiency and weight savings I bet.. whereas the engine in the Supra is basically a forged block from the showroom, sure it'll probably weigh more but its typical Toyota bulletproof overengineering.

that's good stuff, wish we had forged internals to start with :D let's just hope Toyota makes the new Supra with the same integrity :)

.5 of a litre you'll agree that is less of a difference than a TT ;) :) imo a na supra is the car to be compared to the Z for whoever likes to do that sort of thing, I just like to learn new things :D

It's probably fairer in many ways - TTs are rarely stock these days anyway since they are so easy to tune lol be hard pushed to find a standard one.

Compare the blown Z against an NA-T (or TT) but for the effort of adding a blower to the NA Z remember than can get you a lot of reliable horses on the 2JZ without any engine (*edit* internal) work

Deffo, but the standard Supra isnt built to rev as high as the Z I bet? So its all pros and cons either side :) So the turbos, 13 years ago probably made more sense... whereas cars like the M3 chose higher revs and an aluminium block instead *I think* :)

Can you answer my question in the off topic forum plz :D