The mkiv Supra Owners Club

B#LL#CKS there goes the license!

squiffy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuse for speeding like that in a 40 zone; that limit's there for a reason so why is everyone having a go at the cops? I'm all for speed cameras and the like in built up areas where speed is a dangerous factor, it's out on the open road that I disagree with.

Anyway, you will only lose your license if you get 12 points or more within a 3 year period. If that's the case then you may be up shit creek unless someone from work can help you out in court; even then there's no guarantee you'll keep your license. Good luck.

understood but it was on a straight dual carriageway!

cant help it, get such a buzz from nailing it, i drive a van all day at work so when i get in the supe im goin for it!

when i try to take it easy i find my attention level goes down and i get bored so the foot starts sinking again

cant help it, get such a buzz from nailing it, i drive a van all day at work so when i get in the supe im goin for it!

when i try to take it easy i find my attention level goes down and i get bored so the foot starts sinking again

i know how you feel, i had a race with a carrera today on the A24, and god i gogt such a buzz from it, although he whiped my arse!! ha

Dude if this doesn't slow ya down then nothing ever will. I don't want to play devils advocate but I drive like a twat at times and apart from the 3 points I have impending for tripping a camera in an area I was adamant was a 40 when it was in fact a 30 I have a clean liscense. Speed isn't the issue, innapropriatte speed is. If you aren't observant enough to spot a speed trap and slow down in time to not get caught then you aren't observant enough to stop should there be an unusual hazard crop up. Seriously fella after 6 points ya really ought to have come to the conclusion that slowing down a bit in places you can get caught would be an idea.

You will with a decent solicitor be able to hold onto your liscense. I know of people that have like 15 points or something like that. They will rape you with a fine.

firstly i would just like to say im not looking for sympathy and know full well i should have been more carefull!!!!!

was on the a27 in fareham yesterday and got caught by a copper with a speed gun in a layby

was doin 58 in a 40 and he got me from nearly 350 metres away!

that puts me on 12 points and now have to go to court to try and fight for my license (which would be useful seeing as i lose my job without it!)

i do have a heavy foot and im the first to admit it but i cover over 50,000 miles a year through work plus whatever i do in my own time so that doesnt help!

just a warning to the rest of you

serves me right atfer getting away with my last offence!!!!!!

sorry to hear this...

just buy a road angel

Not gonna help him much if he gets caught by a copper with a gun at the side of the road again.

Unlucky squiffy, but like others have said, you should have learn't after 6 and then 9 points! If I was on 9 points and knew that if I lost my license I'd lose my job, I'd bloody well slow down!

No excuse for speeding like that in a 40 zone

Unfortunately not all 40 zones are built up areas, some (like on the A12 / A13 forget which bit, coming out of London) are duel or even 3 lane carriageways with no obstacles, dangerous corners, houses or footpaths.

Very sorry to hear this :(

christ! bet insurance is fun!

11 don't need declared on insurance no more, but the points are there for 11 year so insurance isn't a big problem any more. Advice for you in terms of insurance... go through Direct Line. They don't care how many points you have, just if you've been banned ;)

Guest PAUL AYLEN

Having recently joined the club and being a cop (not a traffic one!! or even aspire to be one!!) i would recommend that you pay for the services of a solicitor as previoulsy mentioned but get one that is a regular at the court you will appear at.

In my experience if they are good at their job and are respected - they often have a better raport with the judge/magistrate and may be able to swing the decision for you.

However i would start saving as its not gonna be cheap!! :(

I would also get the lead taken out of your right foot at least until your license is clean again!!

Good luck

no mate it was the other side comming from the train station down to main large roundabout.

never seen them there before

I've seen them there loads of times.

There's generally a lorry or tanker parked there, that they lean around with the gun. You can't see them till it's too late either as there's a dip in the road & by the time you get over it they've got you!

Unlucky mate, hope you keep your license!

I've seen them there loads of times.

There's generally a lorry or tanker parked there, that they lean around with the gun. You can't see them till it's too late either as there's a dip in the road & by the time you get over it they've got you!

Unlucky mate, hope you keep your license!

yeah there was an artic and seeing a bloke in a hi-vis at the back of a lorry isnt exactly out of place! plus from nearly 350 metres away!

Prob would go down if you were on a bike !, thats how the law seems to work anyway. Not that i think anyone deserves to go down for speeding, espesh when there's loadsa little shits that do all sorts of crap an dont do time. Unlucky squiffy, hope its not a ban.