The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off to CW for a new intercooler!

ellis

I don't see that I'll ever go single. I just don't earn enough to do get a proper job done. So, I decided that an uprated smic would be fine for BPU. When I eventually go BPU.

Youre in the same situation as me then. the FMIC is out of the question for me, I am sticking with the SMIC.

these are my options...

Greddy SMIC - through NIC - £600 odd pounds

CW SMIC - Uprated SMIC - £620 odd pounds

Miami GT SMIC - stock replacement - £300 odd pounds

Miami GT SMIC - Uprated SMIC - £450 od pounds

SMIC - Whifbitz - Around £560

My current SMIC is now 9 yrs old, and it still handles a BPU Car - perhaps not all that well.....as a new stock replacement.

so why pay twice the price for a SMIC if a BRAND NEW stock replacement "could" handle the job..

I ruled out the Greddy as I couldn't find much in the way of positive comments about them.

I didn't know about the Miami GT items.

I wanted longevity above all and if CWs uprated IC can handle BPU for longer than stock then I'll be happy.

Fair enough - not doubting the CW SMIC one bit - People believe that its the dogs bollocks of SMICs, I am happy to go with that. my question is, can I justify paying over the twice the price for an over-engineered piece of kit for a BPU car?

First of all, is that statement true - the over-engineered for BPU bit?

I am just going by logical thinking here...9 yr old Stock SMIC seems to be handling BPU reasonably well.....replacing it with a NEW STOCK REPLACEMENT should be MUCH BETTER.....if I plan to drop in hybrid turbos...or perhaps a small single and push 500bhp...then perhaps an uprated SMIC is required...like the CW one...

There is a big difference between £300 and £620

what say u?

RedM, ah yes i see, the side tank bits are ali on CW's too.......

Like i say i think CW's is a good choice.

imi, i'm not sure (is anyone) what you are getting with the £300 one. There seems little or no concrete info on the efficiency (?) of any IC's. It seems a bit of a minefield really.